VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Question to Air Bag Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-10, 01:17 PM
revtekgs
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

true...but considering there's worse offenses out there, they should be focusing on real crimes rather than slammed parked cars.
Old 09-09-10, 04:15 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
States have regulations requiring license plates or headlights to be within a certain distance from the ground. Its part of the vehicle equipment law and has no relevance to whether the car is moving or stationary.

We know driving low as some of us do is illegal, why would it be stupid for us to assume that because we aren't driving, our cars are somehow legal?
I've heard of headlights being a certain distance, but I haven't heard the license. Middle of headlight has to be no less than 24" from the ground...my truck is bagged and the bottom of the headlight is higher than 24" when its laid out. So why should I get a ticket for that?
Old 09-09-10, 10:30 PM
jgc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really doubt a cop will go out of his way to give a slammed park car a ticket. Plus you won't be present. I don't think he can just leave a ticket on your window either. fkn commiefornia.
Old 09-10-10, 02:12 AM
MidGarage
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgc
I really doubt a cop will go out of his way to give a slammed park car a ticket. Plus you won't be present. I don't think he can just leave a ticket on your window either. fkn commiefornia.
That's why sometimes when people come back to their cars, you see a ticket on the windshield. :P
Old 09-10-10, 03:33 AM
silos5
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what the hack is going on in US!!! who makes this laws !??! What is the reason my car cant be low ??!!! I really cant understand

Are you guys allowed to drive with the sunglasses?? Cuz you know, they cover 1/3 of your face, hah!?
Old 09-10-10, 04:52 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by silos5
what the hack is going on in US!!! who makes this laws !??! What is the reason my car cant be low ??!!! I really cant understand

Are you guys allowed to drive with the sunglasses?? Cuz you know, they cover 1/3 of your face, hah!?
If you don't make laws, then who decides how low is too low? Us? There has to be safety standards set. You do realize the lower your lights, the less output in front of the vehicle right? Unless you aim them higher and then you become a hazard to everyone else on the road.

If you don't research the laws to find out what is legal or illegal before you start modding, then you can't really blame the cops can you? Every state has their vehicle equipment laws posted online. It's something you should read before you mod so that when you're stopped, you can know why (and then accept responsibility for knowingly breaking the law).

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I've heard of headlights being a certain distance, but I haven't heard the license. Middle of headlight has to be no less than 24" from the ground...my truck is bagged and the bottom of the headlight is higher than 24" when its laid out. So why should I get a ticket for that?
For the license plate issue, I know we have a requirement here that they have to be a certain distance from the ground. It's probably so cops don't have to go looking all over your car to find your place and make it easier to track you. Also the parking enforcement trucks are all becoming all automated these days and the camera's are fixed to scan at a certain angle.

FYI, here's the TX statute for headlights:
SUBCHAPTER E. GENERAL LIGHTING REQUIREMENTS FOR VEHICLES

Sec. 547.321. HEADLAMPS REQUIRED. (a) A motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least two headlamps.

(b) At least one headlamp shall be mounted on each side of the front of the vehicle.

(c) Each headlamp shall be mounted at a height from 24 to 54 inches.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Old 09-10-10, 06:36 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

I was quoting CA law since the OP was in CA and I used to live there. But even so...I'm still in legal range in TX as well laid out in the truck. so I don't see why a ticket would be in order for that.
Old 09-11-10, 11:34 PM
MobbinVIP
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bluerex
i think their basis for this is that if they wanted to tow your car, they wouldnt be able to if you are too low..hahah suckas...but i ride/parked slammed all the time.....i always planned that if a cop pulled me over for riding low..i'd just air up and say "officer what are you talkin about?"

wonder if i can make him think he's crazy..or if he's gonna call me on my bs. hahaha
LMAO!

Originally Posted by jgc
They can & will, my friend got a ticket for:
Tinted windows,
Smoked Tail Lights,
Lowered,
Exhaust,
& some other one..
But lucky the judge through out the case & got pissed at the cop
Lucky guy
Old 09-14-10, 12:52 PM
Naripsta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgc
Pretty sure they can lol.
Old 09-14-10, 10:51 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Cops can do whatever they want!