VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

K-Sport Airbag help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 04:18 PM
V300Altus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K-Sport Airbag help.

Greetings all. Bought a SC that had K-sport (Basic) system installed. By looking at the install I knew it would need to be re-wired. K-sport does not have install guide on website. Called and they do not have them. Side the installer would know how to install.

Notice right side airs up quicker then left (1/2-3/4 inch off). Today underneath car the right/left side coilovers are adjusted differently. Inches of difference on how the collars (adjustment nuts on coilovers) are adjusted. I believe the previous owner tried to compensate for the unequal air dispersement (left right side) with these adjustment.

I am assuming that airbag systems are similar (not the same). Does anyone have experience installing these systems or know anyone or shop in FL (panhandle) that is a good installer? I live in Panama City (Panama City Beach) FL. Thank you.
Old 07-18-10, 11:00 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

since the ksport basic uses a paddle switch system and is only front and back adjustable, meaning the front air is shared and the rear air is shared, there could be improper weight distributed in the front, OR and what is more likely the case, something is blocking a line from having the proper air. First check the air lines, becuase if the paddle switches let the air in, there's really not that much else that, wiring wise that would effect it.

Do you know what your tank pressure is when you are trying to lift? How much is the differential between the two sides (on the adjustable coilover-lower mount piece)?
Old 07-19-10, 04:52 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ksport should've made each line with their own switch instead of having it shared.
Old 07-20-10, 05:23 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

you can always add it
Old 07-24-10, 02:56 AM
bsand
Driver School Candidate

exactly what im doing

im buying 4 more valves and just having indiv. control with a digital contoller!
Old 07-24-10, 11:56 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Hit me up if you haven't ordered your kit yet
Old 07-25-10, 12:03 AM
bsand
Driver School Candidate

naw already ordered it

got the basic for $2275 usd!
Old 07-29-10, 02:47 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

find someone locally with air suspension to show you there car and it will make sense as will which management to go with.
Old 07-29-10, 03:20 AM
bsand
Driver School Candidate

the wiring is pretty simple.

right now you have only 4 valves, two for the rear and two for the front,

one valve goes between your tank and the bags and the other one would come off a TEE between your fill valve and the bags

basically you have ONE line coming from the tank, with one fill valve and one dump valve(it would be tee'd off the line going to the bags and one side is not connected to anything so you can dump the air) and then that line after the fill and dump valve tee's off to the other two bags

the same is for the front and back, when you have 8 valves (1 fill 1 dump for EACH corner) you have the line from tank, your fill valve, and then the dump tee'd off but instead of teeing off after the dump you just go to ONE bag

and from there you hook up your valve's + wire to a switch and ground the valve you do the same for both fill valves and dump valves, you run your + to a three position switch you put a 12v + into the center and your fill valve + on the top, and your dump + on the bottom.

so when you flip the switch up you fill the bag, and when you flip the switch down you dump the air.

this way you can have 4 switches for indiv. control then you can also double up the front's + for fill and + for dump on one switch so you control both front bags with one switch

or you can add all the + fills to one switch to have all up or all down control..

its quite simple once you understand the basics(i mostly picked up these things as i was looking thru peoples builds)
Old 07-31-10, 05:51 PM
V300Altus
Driver

Do you know what your tank pressure is when you are trying to lift? How much is the differential between the two sides (on the adjustable coilover-lower mount piece)?[/QUOTE]

The front has leaked down in the morning? Rear is 80-85 PSI. It is like 4 inches difference in the treads. The tread has almost no gap (all the way down) on the right side (Front and Back) and there are 4 inches of threads on the left side. The right side is the side that is about 1.5 inch higher then the left.
Old 08-25-10, 09:53 PM
IIJZSC300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for performance how are these airbag coilovers i plan to do some drifting and a little autocross will these handle all of the above
Old 08-25-10, 10:43 PM
bsand
Driver School Candidate

i isntalled em in my is300 and the car handles awsomely, even with drifting, sticks to the ground real well, no wheel hop at all
Old 08-27-10, 04:47 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

ide recommending going FBSS if u want more performance out of it... T'ing has a lot of body roll compared to FBSS.
Old 08-27-10, 05:21 PM
bsand
Driver School Candidate

fbss ftw

tee'd is hack job, not ment for a performance vehicle

indiv control makes handling awsome!

Last edited by bsand; 08-27-10 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-27-10, 05:54 PM
bsand
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by V300Altus
Do you know what your tank pressure is when you are trying to lift? How much is the differential between the two sides (on the adjustable coilover-lower mount piece)?
The front has leaked down in the morning? Rear is 80-85 PSI. It is like 4 inches difference in the treads. The tread has almost no gap (all the way down) on the right side (Front and Back) and there are 4 inches of threads on the left side. The right side is the side that is about 1.5 inch higher then the left.[/QUOTE]

wait so when you drop the car all the way one side is 1.5" higher?

if i were you i would get it levelled out at base, then add more valves(i have the entire set of valves for the basic kit if you wanted to buy them w/ gauge)