VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

How low do Tanabe Air Cobras go

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-10, 11:50 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How low do Tanabe Air Cobras go

Has anyone here installed the Tanabe Air Cobra suspension? I found a shop that sells them and they price is pretty good compared to other brands and Tanabe is pretty good quality stuff. But from what Ive read they don't go super low like Air Runner and other brands. Just wondering if anyone here is running them and if they can show some pics of the ride height. I do like the fact they are a hybrid kit with back over coil but as you can see from the image no much room for adjustability

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 03-03-10 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-09-10, 05:55 PM
vipjason
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope, havnt seen anyone with it yet. i heard its only in the jap market
Old 03-12-10, 11:51 AM
Platinum-VIP
Former Sponsor

Tanabe Air Cobras is Jap market only as Jason mentioned....

but to be honest, I highly doubt that this will be released here in the US.
Old 03-14-10, 12:53 PM
SoCal35
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jun_Y
Has anyone here installed the Tanabe Air Cobra suspension? I found a shop that sells them and they price is pretty good compared to other brands and Tanabe is pretty good quality stuff. But from what Ive read they don't go super low like Air Runner and other brands. Just wondering if anyone here is running them and if they can show some pics of the ride height. I do like the fact they are a hybrid kit with back over coil but as you can see from the image no much room for adjustability
Guessing you're from Canada, right? That's pretty cool for a shop to carry them up there. As far as I know, the lowest it will go is as low as you set your coilovers with the bags deflated. I've spoken to representatives from Tanabe USA and the bags will give you between 2"-3" of play depending on make and model of the car.

Also, the representative told me that the Air Cobra is only made for certain makes and models. So if you order them, make sure they're made for your car. None for the 2nd gen IS.
Old 03-14-10, 05:41 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I saw someone with the cobra air setup here in San Diego, CA. He had it on his LS400. Yea it doesn't go that low at all. i dont think it even layed his car on the floor. it just dropped him to like fender and lip or something like that. it was awhile back never got a chance to snap a pic either
Old 03-14-10, 06:55 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it all about how you set it up..... that person probably treated it like a cup kit