VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Air runners or Ksport Air?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 09:01 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There are no extensive mods that are required, but if you want pics than I shall update my thread with current pics and link you to it.
Old 10-20-09, 09:06 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder78
There are no extensive mods that are required, but if you want pics than I shall update my thread with current pics and link you to it.
ok thanks !
Old 10-23-09, 08:59 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread.
Old 10-25-09, 04:12 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess after reading all these post, im going to get AR for sure... Damn you really have to pay to play lolz
Old 10-25-09, 04:32 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

old pic but..

@ 40 PSI front and rear.. my pipes area already touchin the ground. along with my UCA touchin the top.

i have about ~3.5-3 inches left on the strut body.. meaning i could drop it that much more if needed.

this is with Ksport. currently have 7k miles on em n so far no problems.

only minor issue for me is finding a place to mount the gauge n switches.
Old 10-04-10, 05:38 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

so......? No Ksports?
Old 10-19-10, 08:41 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a better idea than Air..... why not oil has anyone had hydros in there cars? There is a compnay in AZ that has had great results with sturts style cars it called http://www.Hydroholics.net/ and is owned by two guys who have had the experince to back it up. ckeck out some of thier cars. Plus Air is not cheap you can get a top of ttime set for around $4500 from air runner and hydrolic is more like $2000 for the best setup and installed for what you would pay for a air setup in just the kit.
Attached Thumbnails Air runners or Ksport Air?????-delex-3-.jpg   Air runners or Ksport Air?????-6112002747am28971.jpg   Air runners or Ksport Air?????-6112002801am13021.jpg   Air runners or Ksport Air?????-img_0055.jpg  
Old 10-20-10, 05:36 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

after reading around... and the going price of each setup i can say that the ksport is about $2000 less than the air runner...

Air runner : $4500 new??
Ksport: 2300-2500 new? (not 100% sure)

with $2000 saved you can buy a new tank, new fittings, new manifold, new brain, and have a kick *** setup... after that i really just boils down to how long the ksport bags will last. The new setup is a sleeve design like the Air runner.. while i have the older setup that is a double bellow which is "sportier" compared to sleeves.. just i have the rubbing issue unfortunately... Also to the upside of getting ksport is that it comes with 2 Compressors while Air runner has 1.... and to add.. the tank on the air runner is rather small so play time is decreased while the Ksport has a 5 gallon tank at 200 psi. Enough playtime to impress everyone.

im bias mainly cuz i have ksport and im pretty familiar with air suspension components now and looking at Ksport and air runner fitments stuff.. its pretty much the same thing just ksport you get twice as much at half the cost.

yall be the judge.
Old 10-21-10, 07:47 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by swtjlsy
I have a better idea than Air..... why not oil has anyone had hydros in there cars? There is a compnay in AZ that has had great results with sturts style cars it called http://www.Hydroholics.net/ and is owned by two guys who have had the experince to back it up. ckeck out some of thier cars. Plus Air is not cheap you can get a top of ttime set for around $4500 from air runner and hydrolic is more like $2000 for the best setup and installed for what you would pay for a air setup in just the kit.
why are there two different trunk setups in these pics?
Old 10-21-10, 09:55 AM
na4now
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by swtjlsy

Id like to do hydraulics, ..over air. .Reason why Im leaning toards air, is I dont have a good understanding of hydraulics, as far as the install. I know that with adjusted accummulaters, ..the ride can be very nice, and can offer more travel. Plus, hydros would just be baller.
Old 10-21-10, 11:30 AM
silvciv888
Rookie

Originally Posted by vwynn
after reading around... and the going price of each setup i can say that the ksport is about $2000 less than the air runner...

Air runner : $4500 new??
Ksport: 2300-2500 new? (not 100% sure)

with $2000 saved you can buy a new tank, new fittings, new manifold, new brain, and have a kick *** setup... after that i really just boils down to how long the ksport bags will last. The new setup is a sleeve design like the Air runner.. while i have the older setup that is a double bellow which is "sportier" compared to sleeves.. just i have the rubbing issue unfortunately... Also to the upside of getting ksport is that it comes with 2 Compressors while Air runner has 1.... and to add.. the tank on the air runner is rather small so play time is decreased while the Ksport has a 5 gallon tank at 200 psi. Enough playtime to impress everyone.

im bias mainly cuz i have ksport and im pretty familiar with air suspension components now and looking at Ksport and air runner fitments stuff.. its pretty much the same thing just ksport you get twice as much at half the cost.

yall be the judge.
have u considered doing a cup kit? from the quote i got, it's a bit more than the ksport w/o purchasing upgrades like management (accuair,etc), better lines and fittings. both are definitely cheaper than AR.
Old 10-22-10, 08:33 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by silvciv888
have u considered doing a cup kit? from the quote i got, it's a bit more than the ksport w/o purchasing upgrades like management (accuair,etc), better lines and fittings. both are definitely cheaper than AR.
which cup kit did you get a quote on?

The usual cup kits comes with needle gauges, 1/4th lines, manual switches, 1 compressor. and a small tank. The upside is that they usually come with PTC fittings rather than the shietty compression fittings that ksport comes with (i dont think they are DOT rated).

If youre talkin about the phantom cup kit then you gotta get coils on top of it.

If youre talkin about the air force kit.. it aint a bad kit. a few peeps run it here n like it. I havent yet so i cant really judge it. Looks nice tho.
Old 10-22-10, 11:43 AM
silvciv888
Rookie

actually, my mistake. after re-reading my discussion w/ platinum, it appears that the cup kit will be quite a bit more than the ksport and possibly UAS.

probably 3.5K USD if i was to do it w/o factoring in costs of shipping, coilovers and upgrades i would like such as better management.
Old 10-22-10, 12:29 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

yea its rather costly but supposedly its bullet proof.

however with 3.5k u can get a full on digital setup with the ksport kit with FBSS controls.
Old 10-23-10, 03:28 AM
silvciv888
Rookie

torn between the platinum cup kit/air force and ksports.

what sorta pricing are you getting on the ksports?

Quick Reply: Air runners or Ksport Air?????