VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Air management??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-09, 07:53 AM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air management??

Fellas i need some feedback.....what's a good airride management system? i heard stories about easystreet's autopilot good & bad & accuair has the e-Level which is pretty new so i don't know if anyone has expierence with it....basically what's a good kit or not & why or why not?
Old 07-06-09, 03:52 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bonafyd
Fellas i need some feedback.....what's a good airride management system? i heard stories about easystreet's autopilot good & bad & accuair has the e-Level which is pretty new so i don't know if anyone has expierence with it....basically what's a good kit or not & why or why not?
I hear the easystreet is pretty good . The only thing I dont like about the accuair is they come with push to connect fittings that are not removeable . So if that fitting goes bad your screwed . I really dont see the point of having air management unless your lazy I just go off my gauges for ride height And my system is tight , no leaks so I dont see a reason for auto leveling . But if I had to choose it would be easystreet
Old 07-06-09, 09:04 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by phillygs3
I hear the easystreet is pretty good . The only thing I dont like about the accuair is they come with push to connect fittings that are not removeable . So if that fitting goes bad your screwed . I really dont see the point of having air management unless your lazy I just go off my gauges for ride height And my system is tight , no leaks so I dont see a reason for auto leveling . But if I had to choose it would be easystreet
I'm lazy and i have OCD i'm using my gauges but the pressure keeps fluctuaing & that makes me feel the car is unbalanced.that's the reason i want an air management system so i can set & pretty much forget it....i'm leaning towards the accuair since i already have the VU4 manifold and adding it on looks to be pretty easy......except for the fact that i have to add sensors to the car that's the hard part. i have to place the sensors in a spot that it has a total movement of 2 3/4 of an inch.....i need to research both more but i'm just trying get a general idea on how they operate/pro's & cons.
Old 07-06-09, 09:19 PM
clay7160
Driver

my lil bro has dakota, pressure based only, it works great, you can manually adjust if needed..., I was told by dakota tech to go with their air pressure only system on the ls430 due to the fact the lack of room to mount components on ride height based system, easier to set up for ride height with the air pressure only system..and easier to adjust.....
Old 07-07-09, 07:45 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

seems like a lot of people have issues with the easy street.

not a fan of mechanical ride height systems like the accuair (love the manifold though).

can't go wrong with dakota pressure based imo.
Old 07-07-09, 10:28 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im still using switches
Old 07-09-09, 10:31 AM
Rodneyc77
Driver

I have the Dakota Pressure and Height based system... I originally just had the Pressure based only and the issue was that when the weight distribution changed within the car (more gas in the car, additional people, wheels/bodies in the trunch, etc)... the SET pressure did not correlate with the height desired/Set with that given pressure... So I added the height sensors and now I'm go to go... No matter what...

When I get my car back Tommie... I'll let you play with it...

Plus I got a little wireless remote that is a HUGE plus specially in NYC... if someone is sitting on the car... you can get them OFF from 100 feet away without catching a "CASE" or getting "SHOT" for your own property...
Old 07-09-09, 10:47 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by phillygs3
accuair should make them with larger 1/2 fittings (as an option) but they will not leak. the Accuair manifold is a lifetime unit...which explains their cost.

im running their mini manifold in 2 cars now.
Old 07-09-09, 12:16 PM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rodneyc77

Plus I got a little wireless remote that is a HUGE plus specially in NYC... if someone is sitting on the car... you can get them OFF from 100 feet away without catching a "CASE" or getting "SHOT" for your own property...
LOL!!!
Old 07-09-09, 09:43 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rodneyc77
I have the Dakota Pressure and Height based system... I originally just had the Pressure based only and the issue was that when the weight distribution changed within the car (more gas in the car, additional people, wheels/bodies in the trunch, etc)... the SET pressure did not correlate with the height desired/Set with that given pressure... So I added the height sensors and now I'm go to go... No matter what...

When I get my car back Tommie... I'll let you play with it...

Rodney thanks i need to see that & how you installed it....i'm leaning towards the dakota now it seems to have a good rep.

Originally Posted by Emerald
accuair should make them with larger 1/2 fittings (as an option) but they will not leak. the Accuair manifold is a lifetime unit...which explains their cost.

im running their mini manifold in 2 cars now.
Thanks Em i have the VU4 manifold i'm just trying to get air/height control cause i'm a lazy *** & i want the car to be as balanced as possible & i feel this is the only way.
Old 07-09-09, 10:00 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
Rodney thanks i need to see that & how you installed it....i'm leaning towards the dakota now it seems to have a good rep.

Thanks Em i have the VU4 manifold i'm just trying to get air/height control cause i'm a lazy *** & i want the car to be as balanced as possible & i feel this is the only way.

Dakota Digital or Accuair would be your best bet with that manifold.

I guess u could always get a "T" to mount a standard pressure sensor tho...

ehh, Id jus go for a DD or Accuair mechanical setup
Old 07-13-09, 11:19 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had easystreet for 3 years and it works perfect.
A couple of people who hacked up the damn thing and are not honest in saying what exactly they did screwed it up and blamed easystreet for their own stupidity.

I like my system but i wish it had a level system to be exact as bag pressures will be slightly different per corner and added weight in the car.
Single gauges are useless as is people who say they know what the height is by feel over time.
You need precision for balance and alignment and guessing won't do it . Get a 4 way system with all 4 corners being measured .
Old 07-14-09, 10:47 AM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skperformance
I have had easystreet for 3 years and it works perfect.

I like my system but i wish it had a level system to be exact as bag pressures will be slightly different per corner and added weight in the car.
Single gauges are useless as is people who say they know what the height is by feel over time.
You need precision for balance and alignment and guessing won't do it . Get a 4 way system with all 4 corners being measured .
Thanks that's why i have to go with a kit that has pressure or height or both system....i'm leaning towards the dakota.
Old 07-14-09, 01:24 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

My Easy Street setup works okay, but if I had the money I would get a leveling kit with height sensors.
Old 07-15-09, 12:45 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
My Easy Street setup works okay, but if I had the money I would get a leveling kit with height sensors.
If we get lucky maybe easy street will make an add on for the ecu with sensors to make it a wicked kit.

Quick Reply: Air management??