VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Why aren't the VIP guys jumping on this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-09, 08:36 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what i said was just my opinion and not said with any real direction towards anyone in particular it was just a general rant. being aussie swearing is sort of 2nd nature really. and what about all you "tough guys" calling everyone gay, you dont know who those cars belong to?

and straight off the bat the fact that your name is GookSedan i think is pretty disrespectful to the whole scene. whether you're asian or not yourself i still think its in bad taste to have a name like that and it really doenst make me respect what you have to say very much.

second of all i just think a few of you guys are being closed minded and childish about it. If you're allowed to go making all these calls about them being gay and etc then i think i'm allowed to say **** you for saying that! you guys are coming out with all the insults towards the cars & people who like this stuff so if you can judge why cant i judge?

im sure there are plenty of things that are strange and quirky about japanese cars and style. i dont think theres anything 'gay' about having one of these gearknobs theyre mostly for a laugh outside of japan and are derived from an older style of tuning.

lets throw it out this way since this is a VIP thread - if you have your 19x10 -10 rims on your car with 235/35 tyres and -7 degrees of camber cause thats your VIP style and some guy comes up to you and goes 'what the hell are you doing you *** why are your rims bent? why drive like your rims are all broken and your tyres dont even fit? your probably too tight **** to buy real sizes ones what a poof' rah rah wouldnt you be a little annoyed by that?

its the same sort of thing here - these gearknobs are from a different car culture and style and arent out of place at all in that scene but from the outside are a bit wierd and a lot of people 'dont get it'. it doesnt mean you should bag it out and get immature with the insults.

Additionally, there was almost noone in this thread that simply answered the question and said a striaght answer, which would be that a) these ***** are generally for manual cars b ) these ***** are generally not luxury at all and dont suit the typical VIP image

i dont think the reason is 'because theyre gay *** poof' etc.

Last edited by [ant]; 03-11-09 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-11-09, 09:59 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And you see this a "VIP" how?
Old 03-11-09, 10:02 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

[speachless]

I dont want anyways.
Old 03-11-09, 10:15 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Cao was that to me or the OP? guessing OP but if me, i dont see them as VIP, i just think some people reacted a little strongly over them *shrug*

i would only get one to be wierd but thats just me :P and to be honest, ill probably get called gay here in australia if i was to buy any aftermarket 'VIP' gearknob since most of them have diamantes and swarovski stuff etc in them which no-one here in australia would understand on guy's car either!
Old 03-11-09, 10:46 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-11-09, 11:12 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

lol i guess you get bogans in all car scenes, regardless if its a luxury car
Old 03-12-09, 12:38 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

If anything, the OP was gauging how much hate he would get for getting one. Don't feel too bad for getting flamed because this is not your thread.

OH and my friend has a ***** bubbling hexagonal **** w/ leopard shifter boot on an automatic rsx. Doesn't get any better than that.

Last edited by ElitistK; 03-12-09 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-12-09, 06:04 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ElitistK
If anything, the OP was gauging how much hate he would get for getting one. Don't feel too bad for getting flamed because this is not your thread.

OH and my friend has a ***** bubbling hexagonal **** w/ leopard shifter boot on an automatic rsx. Doesn't get any better than that.
BS post pics so we can talk smack....LOL
Old 03-12-09, 09:52 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo

The Nissan guys/Subies/Miatas all have gone Gunho into those haven't seen any Lexus' with em
i like that.. it looks cooler then the ones with bubbles i think
Old 03-12-09, 11:46 PM
BIGGZ
Lexus Test Driver

what about this one?theres no bubbles.lol
Old 03-12-09, 11:50 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

^ lol theyre the 330mm ones im on about. if you had a RHD car you cant go into 5th gear cause it hits the steering wheel haha few guys have them on bosozoku style cars on another forum..
Old 03-15-09, 10:29 AM
~Slammed~
Driver School Candidate

OMFG why would you disgrace a VIP car with that BS. Only ppl who put that crap in their cars in Japan are probably Boso's.
Old 03-15-09, 10:45 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Kenny you are right about how much I would stir everyone up if I did get one. But all in all, I've seen those ***** in Japan on VIP'd out Hi-Ace's as well as 240's surprised its not trickled down into the VIP scene,
Old 03-20-09, 09:47 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are people seriously putting those ***** on their cars? WHat the world has come to
Old 03-20-09, 10:07 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Can't imagine shifting gears with those things. It makes rowing a canoe look easy

Quick Reply: Why aren't the VIP guys jumping on this?