ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   VIP Style (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip-style-188/)
-   -   Do you have air ? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vip-style/365851-do-you-have-air.html)

skperformance 07-08-08 10:54 AM

Do you have air ?

Please post your setups in a this thread.
For anyone who has questions about getting air suspension , what parts to use or problems with an existing setup please make your own seperate thread to keep this one from being cluttered, No one wants to read a 6 page thread that is not to the point.
thanks

Just wondering who here has air suspension ?
If you do post up pics and what products you used ,like compressors used,water traps, line size,
who installed it ,
total cost ,
any problems so far ,
how long you had it
bag pressures front and rear
would you do it again.

skperformance 07-08-08 11:14 AM

I have 1 viair 380c ,
the smallest line possible 3/8th's ? ,
an ingersoll rand water trap (small metal one)
5 gallon tube tank mounted under my parcel shelf so it takes up no room.
easy street auto pilot with aluminum block manifolds for solenoids and sensors.
easy street bags up front and sleeves out back.
I spent about 2 grand on the set up and 1000 to have it installed.
70-80 front 100-110 rear.

It has been just over a year and i love it .
I would make the next ones perfect as i know how simple it is to install with the right parts . I could have used easy streets chrome shocks with a lower basin and attached the upper OEM mount and probably be done in 4 hours. If i had know. Oh well.

Problems so far < I have a rear shock that has destroyed my rims and new tires , buckled my roof and bent a control arm and wheel bearing. All from it being welded improperly and jamming the shock internally . I am very particular when i pay someone else to do work for me . I paid $1000 to have the airline from the manifolds to the shocks and the shocks welded and installed. All the other parts i have installed and wired already from the tank to the controller and manifolds. So if you quote me a high price i expect high quality. All 4 corners where not matched before being welded to get the same ride height and pressures. The lower sleeves were installed against the adjusting knobs so i could not adjust the damping on each shock. So they took a grinder to open it up. Did not check it for air leaks and took 1 week longer when i delivered everything to them 2 months before to get started with oem shock for comparison and did nothing.
I was ripped off by altered altitude customs in Toronto who butchered the my baby. So being the case i now know i could do it by my self.

Easy street has been great in being able to help as much as possible with all this drama. I hate contacting them as i feel like a complainer when things break. So far the Ethernet cable on the controller popped off the back , one manifold jammed up in the winter as well as 2 sensors getting frozen and leaking out the wire harness of them . The compressor leader hose has a leak and the one way check valve is not functioning properly.
They have replaced everything which is not their fault and that is great for a company to stand behind their products. Even the viair which is not theirs.

Hands down go with easy street if you are getting air.

GATO 07-08-08 04:41 PM

This should count.

I have stock air ride on my UL LS430.

I manually lowered it by manipulating the system by mending plates to go lower. looked nice for about a month, until both rear struts went out.

$2600 was the total bill:egads: out of warranty.....but with my negotiating skills got Lexus to fix it for $ 320 bucks:rolleyes:

Lesson learned. back to stock height until Data system arrives:thumbup:

blacksc400 07-08-08 04:56 PM

so stock air counts? :D

OK, I have 04 UL so yeah, stock air with rod adjusting, plus Datasystem.
It works real slow, but I can go for the height I desire, so I am happy with it. :)

PureDrifter 07-09-08 12:34 AM

just a note, modifying the OEM UCFxx air suspension is fine as long as you DONT DRIVE IT LOW.

ive had more than a few friends mess with OEM air and blow struts relatively quickly. i dont have any idea how the UVF chassis oem air copes.

GSoup 07-09-08 08:06 AM

OEM UL LS430 + Data Air Controller...

As stated, not the fastest thing in the world but it gets the job done. ;)

When I did my homework on it my understanding was that most guys ride at setting 5 or 7 and haven't had any problems. Do you how "low" they were riding that made them blow.

golfkid777 07-09-08 09:23 AM

UAS, Algernon coils, ASCO valves, 3/8" lines, Dual Viair, 5 gallon stainless, 4 bottons.

chrispy 07-09-08 09:42 AM

Setup:
Easy Street Digital Controller
UAS bags
5 gallon tank
2 Viair 380's
Craftsman water traps and oilers
Easy Street valve manifolds
1/4 inch lines

total cost = $2300
any problems so far = bent strut probably from the accident
how long you had it = two weeks :(
bag pressures front and rear = 70 front 60 rear
would you do it again. = yes and I will

blacksc400 07-09-08 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by GSoup (Post 3665563)

When I did my homework on it my understanding was that most guys ride at setting 5 or 7 and haven't had any problems. Do you how "low" they were riding that made them blow.

+1 on this one, I drive with 6 or 7 all the time, now I am scared since I don't wanna blow the struts. :sad:

racinstyle 07-09-08 01:06 PM

-Auto Pilot Digital Air Controller
-Electronic 2-way valves
-1/4 Lines
-(2) ViAir 300cc compressors
-color matched 5 gal slim and skinny tank
-UAS bags/brackets
-KYB Sport Struts
-Craftsman water traps
http://www.lowinccustoms.com/images/...controlkit.jpg
http://www.suicidedoors.com/images/p...mandSkinny.jpg

MrExecutiv 07-09-08 03:04 PM

Bold World with
Mode Parfume/Roberuta Cups
1/4 lines
Big Unit Air compressor
Chromed 5 gal Tank

PureDrifter 07-09-08 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by GSoup (Post 3665563)

i dont recall the settings but i know they drove it mostly slammed; full down or damn close.

VIPtint 07-09-08 06:27 PM

AIRRUNNER
installed by AUTOFASHION
no problems for the past 2 years
we have 2 cars on AIRRUNNER so of course id keep doing it
http://images.superstreetonline.com/...r_speakers.jpg
http://images.superstreetonline.com/...rwood_dash.jpg

GSing430 07-09-08 07:35 PM

this is good to know...i'm so confuse with air system, and with so many choses it's hard to decide what is best and reliable. someone should make this a sticky!

kit cat 07-09-08 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv (Post 3666692)
Bold World with
Mode Parfume/Roberuta Cups
1/4 lines
Big Unit Air compressor
Chromed 5 gal Tank

dayumn!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: