VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Who said Air wasnt Functional except for Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08, 12:56 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by airmax
anyone have UAS on the CS strut? id like to see pics...i have CS and really want to upgrade to something else. the CS just doesnt go low enough. any and all help/opinions would be pretty helpful. i really dont know where to start with air...

btw yeah this is my first post.

What kind of car is it? Does it already have our bags on the CS's?
Old 01-07-08, 01:09 PM
airmax
Pole Position

its an 04 GS300 with tein cs and edfc. no bags on it yet. sorry for not being more clear originally.
Old 01-07-08, 01:23 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

its an 04 GS300 with tein cs and edfc. no bags on it yet. sorry for not being more clear originally.
Here is a GS with our bags over the Tien CS's

And this is how we attach the bag over the CS's in the rear. We move the bag down to the bottom where the factory coil sits. With no modifications to the coilovers so you can always go back to just coils

Old 01-07-08, 01:39 PM
airmax
Pole Position

u havent experienced any problems with seperation with those plates bolted together? just curious before i dive right in.
Old 01-07-08, 01:39 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

Do you make something like that for the Tein flex or a coil set-up that goes lower than the CS? Prefereably a dual tap coilover system, like the Boys CST's.
Old 01-07-08, 01:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by UniAirSusp
Here is a GS with our bags over the Tien CS's

And this is how we attach the bag over the CS's in the rear. We move the bag down to the bottom where the factory coil sits. With no modifications to the coilovers so you can always go back to just coils

zack, i guess another confirmation needed is whether it will work on both the cs v1 and v2?
Old 01-07-08, 02:12 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

u havent experienced any problems with separation with those plates bolted together? just curious before i dive right in.
The Silver GS is mine and there has been no separation with the plates. I actually just checked it yesterday. I'm running the Tein CSv2. As long as the shock diameter is 2.14 or less the UAS will fit. So if the Tein CSv1 is 2.13 you will have no problem fitting the bag over the shock.
Old 01-07-08, 02:17 PM
airmax
Pole Position

thanks for the info, this is something im strongly considering all of the sudden...i hope you dont mind if i pm you to pick ur brain about this stuff in the future. im a super n00b about air and really ive only owned hondas up until this car.
Old 01-07-08, 02:26 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

u havent experienced any problems with seperation with those plates bolted together? just curious before i dive right in.
The plates that comes down is notched into the flat plate that the bag rests on. When my laser cutter designed the setup he did a load calculation and determined that it would take something like 10k lbs of force before there would be any bracket issues.
Old 01-07-08, 02:29 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Originally Posted by golfkid777
Do you make something like that for the Tein flex or a coil set-up that goes lower than the CS? Prefereably a dual tap coilover system, like the Boys CST's.
To my knowlege the Tein Flex's are to large in diameter (needs to be 2.14 or smaller).

We have done the CST's in the past (solo's IS), however you will need to modify and shorten the lower threaded bracket inorder for the bag to sit low enough on the bottom to drop the car.
Old 01-07-08, 02:29 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it would be nice if UAS offered a cheaper, more sensible system consisting of manual valves just like air runner.

compressor to tank to manual valve-switch-guage and to bags, simple and effective.

I don't know why UAS would have electronic valve switches when there is no need for the complete system they offer. It would make sense if the system came with a digital monitor or a digital remote, but it doesn't.
Old 01-07-08, 02:37 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikemareen
it would be nice if UAS offered a cheaper, more sensible system consisting of manual valves just like air runner.

compressor to tank to manual valve-switch-guage and to bags, simple and effective.

I don't know why UAS would have electronic valve switches when there is no need for the complete system they offer. It would make sense if the system came with a digital monitor or a digital remote, but it doesn't.
You can use our bags with any type of air management system that you like. In the past i have had a few customers that don't use the air tank due to mounting issues, and we have set it up to direct fill off the compressors and it took about 30 seconds to lift.

We don't carry any manual valves because they just are not as reliable as the electric ones that we carry. We give a 3 year/36k mile warranty with our kits (1 year on compressors) and we will not risk the warranty issues with a manual valve so we "over engineer" everything to last. Also there really isn't much cost savings (maybe about $100-$200 for the entire car).

We do carry all of dakota digital's product for a digital gauge or a full auto-leveling type digital control setup.
Old 01-07-08, 02:46 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks zack, just curious.....in general, why are manual valves less reliable than electronic valves ?

Originally Posted by UniAirSusp
You can use our bags with any type of air management system that you like. In the past i have had a few customers that don't use the air tank due to mounting issues, and we have set it up to direct fill off the compressors and it took about 30 seconds to lift.

We don't carry any manual valves because they just are not as reliable as the electric ones that we carry. We give a 3 year/36k mile warranty with our kits (1 year on compressors) and we will not risk the warranty issues with a manual valve so we "over engineer" everything to last. Also there really isn't much cost savings (maybe about $100-$200 for the entire car).

We do carry all of dakota digital's product for a digital gauge or a full auto-leveling type digital control setup.
Old 01-07-08, 02:54 PM
golfkid777
Lexus Test Driver

Manual valves are controlled by air pressure. It just means more fittings and more places for problems to arise.

I went with an ASCO electric 8 valve manifold. This eliminates a lot of worry about leaks since every corner is controlled by a single sealed system. Checkout streetbeatcustoms.com for more info.
Old 01-07-08, 03:04 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikemareen
thanks zack, just curious.....in general, why are manual valves less reliable than electronic valves ?
To be honest with you i don't know why no one will make a good manual valve. Alot of it could be that they need to keep the costs down as low as possbile to compete with electric so they just make them cheaper. Typically you will need to replace out the seals inside when they start to leak. I have seen some last 2 or so years, some last a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Who said Air wasnt Functional except for Drop?