VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 08:36 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I am an O.G. VIP, thought i'd post a couple of pics of the car that started the "bloody revolution" right here on CL hur hur hur...

2) Do you think it's VIP?
I sure would like to say so. Heck, I preach enough about it around here...

3) What VIP components do you have on the car?
Oh, man, where do I start.... wheel fitment, custom bodykit, custom interior, custom audio, airrunner, custom side blinker mirrors, LS430 big brake kit conversion etc....

4) What additional VIP lifestyle Items do you want to be considered?
There's nothing else... The car was butchered, quartered and sold a long time ago...

5) Do you want advise or input on any planned VIP mods?
Naw, sorry. I don't even own a VIP platform anymore....I still got an Alphard van and a Harrier SUV, does that count?
Old 08-17-06, 08:45 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Since I am an O.G. VIP, thought i'd post a couple of pics of the car that started the "bloody revolution" right here on CL hur hur hur...

Nice to see you up in here again! Your car was definitely my favorite second gen GS here on CL

Last edited by Seize; 08-17-06 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-17-06, 08:45 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

most_faded,

I think you have a very good start, but I can't seem to get over the massive wheel gap in the pics of your car. The drop is so important in VIP or EXE styling. It sounds like you've got the suspension ordered (what did you select?) and think it'll look great once you have it slammed with some more aggressive wheels.
Old 08-17-06, 01:31 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=jtanoyo1;2072584]Since I am an O.G. VIP, thought i'd post a couple of pics of the car that started the "bloody revolution" right here on CL hur hur hur...

...its always raises my brow to see this car...ahhhhhhhh gotta love it
Old 08-17-06, 02:37 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
most_faded,

I think you have a very good start, but I can't seem to get over the massive wheel gap in the pics of your car. The drop is so important in VIP or EXE styling. It sounds like you've got the suspension ordered (what did you select?) and think it'll look great once you have it slammed with some more aggressive wheels.
Did a quick photoshop and I think a good drop and some wheels spacers will do the trick

Old 08-17-06, 04:34 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

One of the 1st............ There are a Few others on here Cutecboy - WideLS - LOTC that helped KICK-START VIP on here. IM SO GLAD you all stuck to it and didnt give in to the I DONT LIKE that style folks.

I know its takes time.......almost 4 yrs and there is still confusion on here.

Is it that HARD to say LQQK at my VIPcar!! I see Beautiful VIPcars and folks are quick to say mine is only Exe. WRONG

Who cares what you / others think it is whats matters its a VIPcar and and let us be the judge. We are NOT going to slam you cause you said " VIPcar " ONLY with out the word Sporty or Exe or USA attached to it. Everyone has to start some where and NOT to mention Names I see VERY VERY NICE VIPcars W/ STYLE on here and " Oh my car is ONLY VIP Exe "

What I do like is more and more of you VIPcar owners are fixing it up to your style that you like. NOT what others LIKE!! If CL members dont approve I wont get it mentality. HANG IN THERE!!

Hoebag was the 1st to try VIPstyle mufflers on his SC........ I have gotten about 40 emails since then of folks who are wanting wanting and more wanting the same thing. I like it that there are ONLY 2 of them being unqiue on here and were NOT afraid to show off what others dont appove of. This is your style make it happen if your wheels are alittle sunk in and thats how you like it then COOL ITS STILL a VIPcar.

PEACE!!
Old 08-18-06, 05:53 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Heh, Robert, did you finally show pics of your car? I tried to get you to send me pics of it for the past 2-3 years and you refused to give in to my demands and now the car is in your sig....what gives, bro!??!

Oh yea, don't give in, don't give up, don't be scared to try something now. That's how we all progress. It'd suck to look identical to one another!!!
Old 08-18-06, 06:58 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by {-.-}
One of the 1st............ There are a Few others on here Cutecboy - WideLS - LOTC that helped KICK-START VIP on here. IM SO GLAD you all stuck to it and didnt give in to the I DONT LIKE that style folks.

I know its takes time.......almost 4 yrs and there is still confusion on here.

Is it that HARD to say LQQK at my VIPcar!! I see Beautiful VIPcars and folks are quick to say mine is only Exe. WRONG

Who cares what you / others think it is whats matters its a VIPcar and and let us be the judge. We are NOT going to slam you cause you said " VIPcar " ONLY with out the word Sporty or Exe or USA attached to it. Everyone has to start some where and NOT to mention Names I see VERY VERY NICE VIPcars W/ STYLE on here and " Oh my car is ONLY VIP Exe "

What I do like is more and more of you VIPcar owners are fixing it up to your style that you like. NOT what others LIKE!! If CL members dont approve I wont get it mentality. HANG IN THERE!!

Hoebag was the 1st to try VIPstyle mufflers on his SC........ I have gotten about 40 emails since then of folks who are wanting wanting and more wanting the same thing. I like it that there are ONLY 2 of them being unqiue on here and were NOT afraid to show off what others dont appove of. This is your style make it happen if your wheels are alittle sunk in and thats how you like it then COOL ITS STILL a VIPcar.

PEACE!!
dude i think youre playing this up way too much, its like the tenth time youve said it. you can stay waving your VIP flag (i love vip cars by the way just so we're clear) but this is like the 3rd time in this one thread where youve gone ranting about how much you hate it when people who have vip cars dont say their cars are really VIP and how much **** people talk about people who wanna say their cars are vip...theres honestly NOT that much of that going on here, dudes dont get bashed about their rides and almost everyone DOES go with their own tastes withouth worrying about what everyone else thinks... we're not in 9th grade anymore people can pick and choose what they like and how to present themselves without having to worry about someone making fun of them or not sitting with them at lunch. what you probably havent noticed about a lot of the people here on cl is that they, for the most part, do all do their own thing they are just more reserved, mature, and quiet about it.. not everyones like you- not everyone wants a "VIP" tattoo 3 inches tall and 6 inches wide right above their eyebrows. a lot of people on here know what they have and they flaunt it tastefully and respectfully without being obnoxious or having to insist on throwing a label on their personal choice of style..which definitely gets a big in my book.
Old 08-18-06, 07:31 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

No offense bro, but you haven't been here long enough to know that it's actually quite a big "victory" for us here to even get our own little VIP subforum. Again, I am saying this with utmost respect to you.

It's almost like we are cheering for our own little Independence Day on a much smaller scale...
Old 08-18-06, 07:33 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
dude i think youre playing this up way too much, its like the tenth time youve said it. you can stay waving your VIP flag (i love vip cars by the way just so we're clear) but this is like the 3rd time in this one thread where youve gone ranting about how much you hate it when people who have vip cars dont say their cars are really VIP and how much **** people talk about people who wanna say their cars are vip...theres honestly NOT that much of that going on here, dudes dont get bashed about their rides and almost everyone DOES go with their own tastes withouth worrying about what everyone else thinks... we're not in 9th grade anymore people can pick and choose what they like and how to present themselves without having to worry about someone making fun of them or not sitting with them at lunch. what you probably havent noticed about a lot of the people here on cl is that they, for the most part, do all do their own thing they are just more reserved, mature, and quiet about it.. not everyones like you- not everyone wants a "VIP" tattoo 3 inches tall and 6 inches wide right above their eyebrows. a lot of people on here know what they have and they flaunt it tastefully and respectfully without being obnoxious or having to insist on throwing a label on their personal choice of style..which definitely gets a big in my book.
Why the beef? It's seems to me that you guys are essentially saying the sames thing: Mod to your own style and dont worry about labels and what others think.

I think Robert's repeated mention of what VIP is and is not is due to the fact that people still dont seem to be getting it. Imagine a vehicle styling movement that originated in YOUR country and you see people not grasping the concept of that movement....wouldnt you be frustrated too?

After all, this IS the VIP sub-forum.
Old 08-18-06, 07:56 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Default what the heck just happened!?!?!?!?!?

^^

{-.-}:
Robert, when are we going to see ur ride btw thanx again for those chromies u sent!

Poyet:
need ur help-need to shave my rear fenders

jtanoyo1:
what's ur new vip ride, hav'nt seen ur wrx in a while ...but i'm waiting for that alphard-VIP style ofkorz.

antbo:
ride is getting sexier than ever, kit looks very nice tho' i should've went that day-was just to busy with my sister's birthday!

anywhow see u guys soon-til' the next meet
Old 08-18-06, 08:07 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Whaddup, Pinoy...

My Alphard has only got a project-mu big brake kit and some 19" Wald Portofino coming for it. The van is officially for my 6-mth old baby so I can't really go crazy with it. Maybe I will add some lip kit and a lowering kit, but that's it. My wife will kill me hahaha....
Old 08-18-06, 08:46 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Whaddup, Pinoy...

My Alphard has only got a project-mu big brake kit and some 19" Wald Portofino coming for it. The van is officially for my 6-mth old baby so I can't really go crazy with it. Maybe I will add some lip kit and a lowering kit, but that's it. My wife will kill me hahaha....
haha... ur crazy man make some nice INT for ur kid (VIPstyle) for sure ur wife will love it ...put some granite tops with wood floorings etc. etc. u know way better than me, i'll just wait i gez. post up some pix it's a Toyota anyway
Old 08-18-06, 08:49 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by ebruce2
Why the beef? It's seems to me that you guys are essentially saying the sames thing: Mod to your own style and dont worry about labels and what others think.

I think Robert's repeated mention of what VIP is and is not is due to the fact that people still dont seem to be getting it. Imagine a vehicle styling movement that originated in YOUR country and you see people not grasping the concept of that movement....wouldnt you be frustrated too?

After all, this IS the VIP sub-forum.
Well said Bruce. I started this thread (and this forum) to initiate more discussion and try to educate members on what constitutes VIP. Robert's viewpoint on the platforms is one that he feels strongly about and its a good one. He doesn't need to be put down over it.

Upstate, while I tend to agree with some of your sentiments about members not being oppressed here with their styling (I think said it earlier in the thread as well) I do want to ask you to please be more careful with your wording when making your points so it doesn't come across as an attack. We have special rules in this forum designed to keep the strife and aggression level down, and they are going to be strictly enforced. This WILL be a polite, educational and constructive VIP discussion forum, even if I'm the only one that ends up posting in it because everyone else lost their access

I would like for the VIP experienced folks that are chipping in on this thread to please comment about the other cars that members are posting. Tell them where they've got a good start to a full on VIP-styled car (nod to Robert with a 'some of them already have a VIP platform car') and where they need to change if they want to have a VIP or EXE styled car.
Old 08-18-06, 08:51 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Default here's what i have...

*Do you think it's VIP?
I am aiming for the VIPEXE look mild and simple... working on the wheels at the moment-having thoughts of getting a new set. (W I D E & low ofkorz)

*What VIP components do you have on the car?
-JDM window visors (carson toyota)
-OEM chrome door handles (robert {-.-})
-OEM chrome t-bar (robert again)
-01 tails (carson toyota)
-headrest monitors
-WALD emblem (lexaristo-bryan) ...also for the shirts
-WALD EXE kit (D2 Autosport-Derrick)
-Lsportline roof spoiler
-lip t. spoiler
-Maya DT-S (Trafficstar)
-HKS exhaust (a bday gift from my bro.) so not much of a choice, just happy to have one.

*What additional VIP lifestyle Items do you want to be considered?
INT: more wood panels/components and monitors
EXT: air susps. and wider wheels

*Do you want advise or input on any planned VIP mods?
fill me in...
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-torc-2006b.jpg  

Last edited by manila_boy; 08-18-06 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions