UX Models (2019-present)

2020 US UX Options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-19, 12:15 PM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts
Question 2020 US UX Options?

Does someone here have any Lexus connections to learn whether they will be offering the Panoramic View Monitor option (available elsewhere in the world on the UX) on US models, in 2020? In fact, what are the US UX changes and options for 2020? Thanks.
Old 07-13-19, 04:23 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

No info yet but I really doubt it as Lexus US typically holds off on these features (already available elsewhere internationally) to later in its lifecycle. They do this typically in a mid-cycle refresh to keep the consumer interest going by introducing these "new" features. Not only are we missing the 360 camera, but also leather seating, AVS and the ML sound system. Lexus did this with the NX and introduced them only 3-4 years into its lifecycle in the US though it did have the leather option from the start. In short, at most, expect a color change or change in option repackaging for MY 2020.

The 360 cam is nice (have it on the Stinger) but only incrementally helps in one condition. When parking forward close to a curb I can set the camera to the front. My car is low and I have avoided damaging the front bumper. On the UX, that's not an issue thanks to the ground clearance and parking sensors. When reverse or parallel parking, the combination of the rear parking sensors, tilt-down mirrors, rear-view camera, and its compact size, make for an easy and safe vehicle to park.
The following users liked this post:
SoCalRX (07-13-19)
Old 07-13-19, 08:42 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

We have the Panoramic View Monitor option on our RX and it has several features we enjoy: when you come to a stop you can set the bird's eye view to automatically appear (great for seeing other cars around you and pedestrian crosswalk markings); changeable side-views (even with the mirrors folded) for tight garage quarters or tight-to-curb parking. It's sad to see the US be the Lexus options laggard. My eighty-six year old mother's Nissan LEAF even has panoramic cameras on her model.

Last edited by SoCalRX; 07-14-19 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-07-22, 01:22 AM
Lexus22563
Pit Crew

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

I have the 350h premium and I am glad I have this trim. It adds enough features to make it feel like a luxury suv. I did not think much about the intuitive parking assist when I got it but now glad I have it because I park in a small garage space. The visual and sound alert gives me the warning and knowledge about how much room I have is a very helpful feature. The side mirrors also point lower during back up so this is a nice feature when backing out a tight garage. The intuitive assist also works when backing up. bottom line, the premium package with the add ons that the factory puts in are worth it.

on another note, the brakes are kind of grabby when I back up slowly. I find that I have to really be gentle when using the brakes. Does anyone sense this?