ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   UX Models (2019-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ux-models-2019-present-299/)
-   -   Not new to CL but a new UX owner (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ux-models-2019-present/916859-not-new-to-cl-but-a-new-ux-owner.html)

MX73 04-21-19 07:30 AM

Not new to CL but a new UX owner

Hey hey,

New to the UX forum but not to CL. I just leased a UX200 F-Sport with nav in Ultra White. Great CUV/Hatchback. I'll get to hatchback part a little later. Anyways, I still have my GS which I probably will never let go. I do have a few concerns about the UX.

1) The front seat belt buckle, when not in use, will start to rub/tap on the plastic lower b-pillar cover. Very annoying. Has anyone found something to damping the noise or maybe wrap the cover with some sort of vinyl/suede material?
2) The kick sensor for the rear hatch. What's the trick? My coworkers, girlfriends and I were standing in the parking lot trying to get this to work. The feature is turned on in the instrument panel. We had a good laugh trying to get it to work, standing out there with our leg waving underneath the car. I got it to work a few times but it's been hit or miss.
3) Soo much plastic and soo much dead space. I'm pretty sure they could have added a bottle holder in the rear door panel.
4) Transmission. Does anyone hear a slight clucking noise at very low speed? It almost sounds like a manual transmission but only happens in the physical 1st gear. Other than that, it fine at normal speed. It also has kind of like a dual clutch characteristic and only in the first gear.
5) Lexus+Alexa. Also, hit or miss. Apparently, it doesn't like to play music from Spotify even though Spotify is linked in my Alexa account. Sometimes, Alexa doesn't work altogether. I don't mind the Alexa part anyways but just throwing it out there. I do mind that there is no Android Auto support yet. I hope the unit can support Android Auto through a software update.

With that being said, it's a great vehicle. I'm not going to complain about power. The majority of my driving is pretty much during rush hour and I'm only doing 20-40MPH max. I'm already averaging 29MPG combine. Better than my GS 22MPG. On a side note, the UX feels like a slightly lifted hatchback than a CUV/SUV. I can be side to side against my friend's HRV and it feels like the UX sits lower. Maybe, they should have named this the UT???

I'll try to get some pics up soon.

2ndName 04-22-19 08:26 AM

Nice choice on the UX. Question, I noticed that you returned your IS200T. Assuming that was once your DD, how was daily driving that IS compared to the UX?

Also, regarding Alexa, have you tried commanding with a suffix of "On Spotify". Seems like if you do not specify, it'll try to setup Prime Music or everything before Spotify.

john341 04-22-19 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by MX73 (Post 10498829)

2) The kick sensor for the rear hatch. What's the trick? My coworkers, girlfriends and I were standing in the parking lot trying to get this to work. The feature is turned on in the instrument panel. We had a good laugh trying to get it to work, standing out there with our leg waving underneath the car. I got it to work a few times but it's been hit or miss.

The key is not to stand too close to the car when kicking. Stand about 8in to 1feet away from the car and kick perpendicular to the rear backup camera.

MX73 04-22-19 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2ndName (Post 10499531)
Nice choice on the UX. Question, I noticed that you returned your IS200T. Assuming that was once your DD, how was daily driving that IS compared to the UX?

Also, regarding Alexa, have you tried commanding with a suffix of "On Spotify". Seems like if you do not specify, it'll try to setup Prime Music or everything before Spotify.

The IS was my ex-wife's DD. I let it sit for a while until I realized that I was way under my miles, then I started to drive it more often. I did a lease for 15k miles per year. I think I turned in the IS 10k short of 45k miles. The IS is nice but the turbo lag is horrible. It got even worst when the turbo regulator went bad. I had no power in the mid-high RPMs. Lexus didn't find an issue, even though the symptom were there. At that point, I had a month left on my lease and gave up fighting. If I had to do it over again, I would get the 350.

I'll try with the suffix "On Spotify".

Originally Posted by john341 (Post 10499561)
The key is not to stand too close to the car when kicking. Stand about 8in to 1feet away from the car and kick perpendicular to the rear backup camera.

I'll give this a try. Thanks!

jack4010 04-22-19 03:51 PM

The trick is waving underneath the car, then step back about 2 feet. Otherwise, the kick sensor will not work since it considered is not safe to open the rear hatch.(The rear hatch need some space to open)My UX250h kick sensor works perfectly once I kick and step back.

corradoMR2 04-27-19 09:35 AM

Congrats on the UX. Post pics! :)

I had the same annoying seat belt buckle tapping against the B-pillar in my Stinger. I simply stuck on a piece of black felt from a velcro strap onto the B-pillar where the buckle would hit. Now the noise went from an annoying plastic tap to a far more subdued muffled tap.

cakmeh0 05-06-19 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by jack4010 (Post 10499896)
The trick is waving underneath the car, then step back about 2 feet. Otherwise, the kick sensor will not work since it considered is not safe to open the rear hatch.(The rear hatch need some space to open)My UX250h kick sensor works perfectly once I kick and step back.

I agree, my UX kick sensor is flawless, works 100% of the time, zero issue. Quick kick and step back, which also unlocks all the doors.