UX Models (2019-present)

Disspointed in UX interior option

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-19, 11:39 AM
RA101722
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Europe every Lexus model is offered with leather (optional or standard depending on the trim).

Base UX trims have cloth and then there's leather.

With that said, I would never ever buy a car equipped with fake leather because the producer forces this choice...it's a joke and the whole marketing that tries to brainwash customers into thinking that "it's the same thing" is stupid and disrespectful of your money. Imho.

I can buy a Mazda with Nappa leather, and Mazda is not a luxury brand.

Last edited by RA101722; 02-01-19 at 02:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HontoKuro (02-01-19)
Old 02-01-19, 08:57 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Those leather optioned cars are pretty rare though, and those cars spec'ed out are more money than the UX.
Rare? You may want to look at their respective sites and build one and look for yourself. Also if you spec out any of these European counterparts you will they are only $2-3k apart from each other and offer technology and features that Lexus doesn't even have or offer on a UX top end such real genuine leather or alcantara with leather, bigger cargo, full virtual cluster, 360 camera, Android and Apple Auto, semi-autonomous parking system , adaptive lights etc...the list goes on and on. So no they are not rare.
Old 02-02-19, 10:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
Rare? You may want to look at their respective sites and build one and look for yourself. Also if you spec out any of these European counterparts you will they are only $2-3k apart from each other and offer technology and features that Lexus doesn't even have or offer on a UX top end such real genuine leather or alcantara with leather, bigger cargo, full virtual cluster, 360 camera, Android and Apple Auto, semi-autonomous parking system , adaptive lights etc...the list goes on and on. So no they are not rare.
I'm talking about what is actually stocked on dealership lots. Most of those models mentioned stocked on dealer lots don't have the genuine leather options. If you're special ordering that's one thing, but you're going to pay for for those competitors cars, and they're bigger cars which you may or may not like.

The point of the UX is that its a small urban type crossover vehicle. If those other vehicle appeal to you more, go buy one of those.
Old 02-03-19, 07:05 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by HontoKuro
Any luxury car providing fake leather in place of the real stuff is just lame, but it is what it is. I used to be stuck on this, my CT had fake leather. It was not bad. Today, IMO the fake Lexus stuff is styled better in F sport trim than in luxury trim and I really do not mind that it is fake anymore, I think it is styled intentionally. There is a women in my garage in Toronto who has an F sport IS, I am little envious ever time I glance at the fake red F sport leather she has. I highly doubt anyone on here can truthfully tell whether a car has fake leather or real leather. The real leather in my 4Runner is really crappy quality. My parents 4Runner is wonderful and was easily the equivalent of quality as to that of their ES at the time. As for Andriod auto, Toyota is certainly being cheap by not offering it. Ps. I watched a review of the ES at launch, the reviewer said that Android was possible with a future Lexus software update. IMO, the UX interior in F sport trim is outstanding.
Old 02-03-19, 08:28 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The issue is the "genuine leather" on these entry level and lower end cars is so crappy that the NuLuxe actually feels a lot nicer.

I can tell, the Nu Luxe has a stretchiness to it leather doesn't have...but I have to really work it with my hands to tell, most people would never know.
Old 02-03-19, 10:09 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The issue is the "genuine leather" on these entry level and lower end cars is so crappy that the NuLuxe actually feels a lot nicer.

I can tell, the Nu Luxe has a stretchiness to it leather doesn't have...but I have to really work it with my hands to tell, most people would never know.
You would not be able to tell, if Lexus did not want you to know. Same with faux vs real wood.
Old 02-03-19, 10:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
You would not be able to tell, if Lexus did not want you to know. Same with faux vs real wood.
I don’t agree with that. I haven’t found any synthetic material that I can’t tell is synthetic when I really look at it. I don’t think they’re to the point where they can make a material that is indistinguishable from leather. When I sit in a car and feel around all the materials it’s clear to me what is leather and what isn’t.

With wood, it’s a little harder but if you look at the grain and the sheen, I can tell what’s real and what’s not too.

That’s not to say I have an issue necessarily with synthetic materials, but I can tell the difference.
Old 02-03-19, 10:37 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

All agreed, however its because they want you to tell the difference.
Old 02-03-19, 10:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I don't think thats the case. In my LS for instance, the dash, door, console sides are all synthetic leather. They've taken great pains to hide that, they've put grain on it, etc..but when I touch it its clearly not leather. I don't see any reason in that application they want you to tell the difference.
Old 02-06-19, 07:56 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

very true, i sat sat in my in-laws brand new GX460 base, came with "fake" leather for a second I thought it semi aline leather. It was soft to touch and felt really good probably better than real leather in my car.

Old 02-07-19, 03:08 PM
ThomasD94
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I had a chance to check one out the other day and was quite impressed with the interior. I liked it.

I had the Nuluxe in my IS350 and quite frankly, would take it over real leather any day. I loved that it was soft and looked good, and didn't show any wear over the 2+ years I had it.
I agree! I think it is fine for entry point and it looks and wears well