UX Models (2019-present)

drove (and still driving) the UX today

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-18, 09:02 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Default drove (and still driving) the UX today

one came in last night so i snagged the keys and ive been playing with it off and on all morning. its actually a pretty neat little car and has more room up front than i thought it would. has some really cool design cues and great fit and finish.

ill post a full review with my findings as the day goes on. it is NOT what i expected it to be like. its basically a CT replacement, however kicks the crap out of the CT in every way imaginable, better power better handling, actually feels like a real lexus.
Old 12-07-18, 09:37 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

I sat in one at the LA auto show (i'll post some photos later) and I like it overall but was a bit disappointed in the interior. it's lower quality in person than Lexus leads on in its promotion photos. Overall looks really budget and plasticky. Maybe the red interior one is nicer? I think the CT is a notch above in actual materials and fit and finish interior wise. Some of the touches in the UX were nice but those plastics man they just seemed very thin and hollow and cheap. The steering wheel was very nice. Overall though I like it and it's fantastic that it gets 38mpg and is a crossover.

Definitely post some shots up.
Old 12-11-18, 05:36 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

^^^ Yeah, not convinced either it's better than the CT (owned one). Rear door panels are hard plastic (as with the CT's) and the lower dash and door panels have similar so-so hard plastic.

OP, looking forward to your full review and please post pics!
Old 12-13-18, 10:48 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

The CT interior has aged really well. It's not the nicest interior by any stretch but very nice quality fit and finish. Particularly the dash and the seats. Mine is wearing very nicely (as it not wearing at all) it's literally like new. No wear or shiny finish. Has a dry/matte finish. Very impressed.

The door panels on the CT are decent to nice. I don't like the large silver portions around the handle pull, they look kind of cheap. i hope to do something with those some day. paint them maybe.
Old 12-13-18, 05:40 PM
RA101722
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2016 F-Sport CT and I also had a 2014 F-Sport IS 300h and I can say that coming from the more refined IS down to the older and cheaper CT wasn't traumatic at all.

Overall the CT in my opinion has the best interior of the segment, speaking only about quality/fit and finish, and even if it has some cheap parts (I never liked the buttons for the power windows and the others in that area) it's still a very pleasant car to be inside.

The UX is definitely good looking and well made from what I saw, however there are some little details that could've been made better, for example:

- the front door panels that completely lacks a fake leather covered portion apart from the area where you rest your arm.
- the side soft inserts at the side of the central tunnel could've come with a stitching matching the seats color (like you can see at the top of the dashboard)
- the lack of an element in a color that brokes the all black dominance of the front area (in the CT interior above you can see a silver insert that would've been wood for the Luxury trim)
- the fact that apart from the F-Sport and the business model (not sold to private customers) every other trim has the same 18" wheels in the European market when evert trim usually has its own exclusive design, and we have 4 + 1 trims (Executive, Premium, F-Sport and Luxury + Business)

Overall I'm pleased by what I see here but I'm still not happy that I'm under the impression that this car looks cheaper inside - to my eyes - than my CT which costs 10.000€ less.

Last edited by RA101722; 12-13-18 at 05:47 PM.