Lexus UX

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-18, 03:34 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
interesting hard button additions to the remote touch
I like those media buttons... those metal volume and tune ***** will be really nice to use.

Overall interior is step up from current CT, NX, ES and IS... It is much better designed.

Exterior looks like it might look fine... since they placed the white car in white background on the show, it is really hard to see the details. Hopefully it is not bad in real life, I want to like it.
Old 03-06-18, 03:42 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
they likely used 2.0l for the US (and it will be 2.0l in the US since we have US press release) to distance it away from NX... same goes for AWD system.

Considering US is not its main market, it should be fine... for Europe, 180hp hybrid seems like a mighty fine choice and 2.0l will be fine for rest of the world.
if Lexus want to attack the German Cute Ute’ Luxury Segment head on a Turbo in-line 4 cylinder will be ideal for the North American market version. The X1 is quite fast and fun to drive. I have a haunch Volvo will lead this segment once the XC40 launches later this year. The UX certainly has potential to be a segment leader in the North American Market if they will go the extra mile and launch it with a 190-210hp 2.0 or 1.5l Turbo 4. They also need to consider adding AWD to the menu of the non hybrid versions to suffice the appetites of the American who live in cold climates with reasonable amounts of snow. I guess we will see the North American debut in NYIAS 2018.
Old 03-06-18, 03:57 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Why do they put such a weak engine in a brand new model? Why not put in a V6 with 280 or 300 hp? I'm assuming with a 2.0 that the UX will be below the NX and RX. I'd also probably guess that like the NX, the UX will also not be available with the ML sound system. I guess we will wait and see but with these lower powered engines I'm not sure I'd buy one and I'm in the market for a new vehicle. It's hard to go from a 300 HP vehicle down to a 2.0 engine and I was really looking forward to the UX since the NX doesn't come with ML.
Old 03-06-18, 03:59 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
Why do they put such a weak engine in a brand new model? Why not put in a V6 with 280 or 300 hp? I'm assuming with a 2.0 that the UX will be below the NX and RX. I'd also probably guess that like the NX, the UX will also not be available with the ML sound system. I guess we will wait and see but with these lower powered engines I'm not sure I'd buy one and I'm in the market for a new vehicle. It's hard to go from a 300 HP vehicle down to a 2.0 engine and I was really looking forward to the UX since the NX doesn't come with ML.
It`ll probs will be cheaper then the comp and probs people will not notice
Old 03-06-18, 04:07 PM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Xanadu350
I understand your frustration, but I doubt Lexus will launch the UX in the North American market with a V6. We are in the age of engine displacement downsizing and none of its direct competition offers a engine larger than 2.0 liters. You’ll be lucky if they even offer it will the 2.0l in-line 4 out of the NX300. Its possible that they may offer ML sound as a $1200 option, lets cross our fingers. This cute Ute is essential replacing the slow selling CT200h in North America as Lexus new entry level model. I expect the base model to start around $33k-35k.
Old 03-06-18, 04:10 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

It's also smart that Lexus is taping again into the utility market...look at their sales volume the past 6 months or more they are selling scores of RX and NX while other vehicles are selling poorly or not even making the same sales as last year. It's the sport utility's that are selling like hot cakes for Lexus so why not make another one that even more people will be able to afford.

I'd buy the UX in a heartbeat if it had a decent hp range or a turbo with at least 240-260 hp. I love the interior and is it me or do the interior pics look like the cockpit of the UX is more driver focused like it's tilted toward the driver? It's really nice looking.
Old 03-06-18, 04:19 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

F-Sport is on point, will surely be a great seller and especially with that interior.

Leather shift boot does not do the UX any favors but its a small detail that can be overlooked.
Old 03-06-18, 04:23 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

I guess there may be hope for ML on the UX as I can see the ML logo, although this might be a non US spec'd car. There are a slew of photos over at netcar show. I'm also really surprised they are offering a large heads up display on this vehicle seeing that it will be priced low with low powered engines.
Old 03-06-18, 04:31 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Lexus put up the video from the Geneva motorshow showing off the NX.
​​​​​​http://lexusnewsroom.com/
Old 03-06-18, 05:41 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As an Unmarried, Single and Childless Urban Professional in the 18-34 demographic they probably want to capture with this new, city-oriented do-it-all crossover, the UX seems like a compelling argument for the Lexus brand.

Last edited by whoster; 03-06-18 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-06-18, 05:52 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Overall the styling direction works better on a hunkered down hatchback like this vs an RX, even the spindle with its newer design looks better. But they still seem to like doing the new "Projecto-Butt" rear lifted bumper, a** implant treatment. Hilarious to read that a poster wants 300 hp out of a city commuter vehicle. Yikes, what are you doing there? Running the Ring?

Last edited by MattyG; 03-06-18 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Correction on styling
Old 03-06-18, 08:36 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

yuck. Looks like budget car with lexus badge...
the shape of the butt is just bad.
There was a time when Luxury meant large and having a presence on the road.
But all these brands are just diluting their image with this compact ultra compact junk.

All those sheet metal creases going everywhere

Old 03-06-18, 09:05 PM
sorptd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some pretty interesting tech:
Source: http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...but+geneva.htm
https://www.netcarshow.com/lexus/2019-ux/

IMAGINATIVE TECHNOLOGY

Boldness doesn’t end with the UX’s exterior. Lexus designers created a cabin atmosphere with a depth of quality that will be especially apparent to those buying a premium brand vehicle for the first time.

As one example, each of the UX’s air vents uses a new single-**** control for airflow direction and volume while the vents themselves are illuminated using a new wireless system. By combining the two functions in a single control, the vents could be made larger, improving their effectiveness. Each control’s LED light source is wirelessly powered using electromagnetic resonance between two coils vibrating at the same frequency. Using the same design principle as the Lexus LC’s rear combination lamps, the vent LEDs use mirror optics to create the effect of floating lighting depth, even though the reflector element is just 3mm thick.

Predictive Efficient Drive

Some hybrid drivers enjoy using “hypermiling” techniques to maximize fuel efficiency. The Lexus UX 250h introduces new technologies that take hypermiling to new heights. The UX 250h debuts Predictive Efficient Drive, a Lexus-first system that analyzes driving habits and the expected road and traffic conditions to optimize charging and discharging of the hybrid battery. The more the UX 250h is driven, the more data is gathered to help optimize fuel consumption. (The system can be turned off if desired.)

Predictive Deceleration Support technology uses accumulated knowledge about a driver’s behavior to predict when and where the vehicle is likely to slow down or stop. For example, when the UX approaches a location where the driver has slowed or stopped in the past, and the driver releases the accelerator pedal, Predictive Deceleration Support increases regenerative braking, allowing more efficient energy recovery and recharging of the hybrid battery. The system can provide deceleration support up to about 1,000 feet ahead of the vehicle.

Predictive State of Charge (SOC) control for the hybrid battery is a world-first technology that functions on both downhill roads and in congested traffic. Operating when the UX is following guidance from the navigation system, it will predict the route for a distance of up to about six miles (10km) ahead.
Old 03-06-18, 10:03 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Tweet with video from lexus

Old 03-06-18, 10:12 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Where are the tailpipe tips? All this style and effort, but not the simplest way of adding some pizzazz in back? They learned the hard way with the last RX to the current one. Or maybe they didn't learn. Hmmm...

Quick Reply: Lexus UX