UX Models (2019-present)

Lexus UX

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-18, 08:53 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I can't get over how pudgy Buicks look, that Encore looks like an angry bird.
I like how a Buick generally looks, especially with the new colored in Tri Shield logo. But this Lexus looks more interesting and less boring.
Old 03-11-18, 09:21 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i really like the exterior but the interior ruined it for me. just too busy
Old 03-12-18, 08:27 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by evident
Crappy power train options, par the course for Lexus
Actually they seem to have gone through quite a lot of effort in the UX powertrains if one looks at the hype but the X2 has 220+ potentially underrated HP. Diasppointing because styling wise they are both strong, and interior wise the UX looks even better than the X2. So unless the UX250h is unexpectedly perky, the UX seems to be just another styling exercise.
Old 03-12-18, 09:55 AM
sorptd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by webra

Actually they seem to have gone through quite a lot of effort in the UX powertrains if one looks at the hype but the X2 has 220+ potentially underrated HP. Diasppointing because styling wise they are both strong, and interior wise the UX looks even better than the X2. So unless the UX250h is unexpectedly perky, the UX seems to be just another styling exercise.
This is mainly designed with Europe in mind where the Hybrid should do well. In the US, this is still a relatively small segment. Even with modest HP numbers this should handle / ride well, offer unique styling, good interior and excellent fuel economy. All put together this should offer a compelling package to folks who dont really care too much about HP numbers or 0 to 60 timing.
Old 03-12-18, 10:50 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
That white leather should be in all Lexus sedans.
Front headrests look like they protrude too far forward. My dad's Santa Fe has the same feature and it is damn uncomfortable, forcing your head down.
The more I see here, the more I like. This should be a landslide seller if it's priced in the high $20's/low $30's.
+1. I love that white leather with the black interior. The headrest thing is a common feature nowadays unfortunately due to safety standards I guess. Just about every new car I've sat in is like that. I don't see the UX starting at anything less than $30k at a minimum (most likely it'll be 32-33), Lexus seems to have an aversion to anything below that number.
Old 03-12-18, 11:11 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by sorptd
This is mainly designed with Europe in mind where the Hybrid should do well. In the US, this is still a relatively small segment. Even with modest HP numbers this should handle / ride well, offer unique styling, good interior and excellent fuel economy. All put together this should offer a compelling package to folks who dont really care too much about HP numbers or 0 to 60 timing.

I agree with you 100%. We have yet to see the North American debut of the Lexus UX. Do we know for sure if these same exact powertrain choices will be offered in the UX sold in Canada and the U.S. ? Lexus tends to the sell same car in different markets with the different engine options. For example in Europe the 3IS is sold with a 2.5l hybrid system in the states we got a 2.5l or 3.5l and later on a 2.0l Turbo 4. Before we continue to speculate about what is what we should wait and see what the press release says once they debut it for NA.
Old 03-12-18, 02:44 PM
sorptd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by highrev6

I agree with you 100%. We have yet to see the North American debut of the Lexus UX. Do we know for sure if these same exact powertrain choices will be offered in the UX sold in Canada and the U.S. ? Lexus tends to the sell same car in different markets with the different engine options. For example in Europe the 3IS is sold with a 2.5l hybrid system in the states we got a 2.5l or 3.5l and later on a 2.0l Turbo 4. Before we continue to speculate about what is what we should wait and see what the press release says once they debut it for NA.
Unlikely that there will be a different engine option for NA, at least at launch.
Lexus USA website says Hybrid will be the more powerful option which is in line with what was announced in Geneva
http://www.lexus.com/concept/UX/

Last edited by sorptd; 03-12-18 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-22-18, 01:28 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,564 Posts

I LOVE the interior. The interior is actually what sold me on this car. I think I'll get a UX250h F Sport in black red or blue red. 38mpg combined... wow. Reminds me of my CT which I really miss.
Old 06-06-18, 06:48 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Wait, so they'll have Hybrid with F-sport package? Never understood why Lexus didn't do that with the NX...I hate the front of the regular NX, that's the sole reason we would never consider the NX hybrid. We are considering an RX or this UX by year end. NX off the list for the SO.
Old 06-16-18, 07:14 AM
MagnetoBlu
Driver School Candidate

I'm also loving the UX as well. But my main concerns are trunk space, UX 250h's additional electric motor in the rear, and new CVT. I'm afraid there's not enough trunk space for the target consumer of Millennials like me that's just starting a family, additional electric motor needing replacement in the future for only 5 mpg more than the conventional gasoline model, and new CVT that hasn't been tested for long-term reliability. I hope we get more information on it soon.
Old 06-16-18, 07:54 AM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Very good points, I was shocked by the 5MPG difference, thought for a hybrid it should be more than that. Size is a big factor for me too. I have watched numerous vids on YouTube with the intention of seeing trunk space with no luck so far. Thus for now, we wait and see, our backup will more than likely be the RX hybrid since we don't like the way the NX looks.

The new EX hybrid gets something like 44 mpg so this UX is not that great.
Old 06-17-18, 09:06 AM
ISTORO
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
Very good points, I was shocked by the 5MPG difference, thought for a hybrid it should be more than that. Size is a big factor for me too. I have watched numerous vids on YouTube with the intention of seeing trunk space with no luck so far. Thus for now, we wait and see, our backup will more than likely be the RX hybrid since we don't like the way the NX looks.

The new EX hybrid gets something like 44 mpg so this UX is not that great.
The following users liked this post:
MagnetoBlu (07-29-18)
Old 06-17-18, 11:03 AM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

The new EX hybrid gets something like 44 mpg so this UX is not that great.[/QUOTE]
I've looked thru the thread and can't find the estimated mileage. Also, which EX is this being compared to?