Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

EBC Brakes ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-19, 03:10 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default EBC Brakes ?

HI i was wondering if anyone else on this forum uses EBC Brand brakes
They have been the only brakes i have used in the past 20 years but usualy i just go with the OE Replacment Rotors EBC has but this last time i did a brake service i went with the EBC Slots rotors and im wondering who has had sucess with not having to replace there rotor sbut being able to to have them matching done and machines when needed ?
i have heard some places say use a pro cut on vehcile lathe so im wondering if this is the best way to go about this ?
i dont have any current brake issues i just dont want to repalce my rotors when i replace my pads and dont want someone to screw them up by hand cause these are expesnisve rotors
Old 04-11-19, 03:28 AM
Ghicks99
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I'm assuming you mean the USR rotors from ebc? I had that set on my last car along with red stuff pads and they were great. Yes, ebc does recommend on car lathe. I had to call around to find a shop that did it or even knew what I was talking about. You definitely wont mess up the rotors by not doing it. I t will just take longer for the pads to set in if you don't. Your car will also sound like a garbage truck for about a week if you don't have them lathed bcuz ebc pads are really aggressive.
Old 04-25-19, 02:43 AM
ivanj
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default on car lathe - please explain

Originally Posted by Ghicks99
Well I'm assuming you mean the USR rotors from ebc? I had that set on my last car along with red stuff pads and they were great. Yes, ebc does recommend on car lathe. I had to call around to find a shop that did it or even knew what I was talking about. You definitely wont mess up the rotors by not doing it. I t will just take longer for the pads to set in if you don't. Your car will also sound like a garbage truck for about a week if you don't have them lathed bcuz ebc pads are really aggressive.
When I install new brakes (I've used black hat Stoptech slotted/vaned and also Racing Brakes - superb - when I had money!) I alway just cleaned both sides of the rotors with brake cleaner and wiped off. I then went through the manufacturers bedding procedure.

I'm not familiar with the "on car lathe" technique. Could you please explain what this is and when to do it?

Thank you.
Old 04-27-19, 03:57 AM
Ghicks99
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

its been around for a while. Just not commonly done I guess. EBC is the first brake company ive purchased from that recommends it in their instructions.

Old 07-07-19, 11:58 PM
Grey2010
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had ebc yellow stuff pads on my oem brembos when I got my car 4 years ago and they had abnormally fast wear. The pads and fresh rotors on the front were completely worn within 8 months and I drove completely normal. However the rears have held up and are still going strong after 4 years and 30k miles and look like they could go for another 30k. Kind of odd, I thought maybe the fronts just weren't installed properly or something.