Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

brake calipers replacment brands

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-17, 08:15 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default brake calipers replacment brands

Hi I was wondering what brake calipers for remanufactured calipers have people had success with question I have heard that some brands only replace the pins and guide rods and such and some don't replace the actual piston itself just clean it up to make it look nice
my calipers seem to be wearing on the inside pad
cars a 2007 ES350 with 187,000 miles on it the front pads that where replaced 17,000 miles ago with Akebono bads are wearing at a 7mm on the outside pad while the inside pad on one side is at a 3 and the other side is at a 4 I was told
I have had my rotors turned twice last year they kept going bad
and replaced the rotors earlier this summer and they have now started to shake also also i took the car back to the dealership and they looked at it with more detailed inspection and have said that the issues seem to be the brake caliper pistons is sticking and causing the breaks to wear un even and heat the rotors to fast and stuff like that
they wanted 650 price quote to replace both front rotors both calipers and pads and do a break plus they were going to use after market parts also because they wanted to save me from spending like 400 to 500 more on OEM parts.
so I'm looking at Rock Auto and I see like several different brant calipers and almost all over them are remained some have special coating on them to protect them from all kinds of weather but none say who does just one and someone told me once to look out for the fact that sometimes remanufacture calipers don't always do anything with the piston itself
what have others had good luck with here?
I know I plan on getting EBC Rotors again I get the OE Quality EBC Rotors from place for breaks and I'm going to get the EBC OE quality replacement Break padsI am Looking at A-1 Cardone.ACDelco,Raybestos & Wagner also from experiences how much is it going to really cost me to ship back the cores ? is it even with it to buy ones that have a higher core value or even ship back the ones with a lower core value? I usually Like to stay away from Advanced Auto parts and Autozone but is it better for me to just go to them and get it so I don't have to pay all the money to ship back a core and can just take iit back to the shop ?
Old 10-25-17, 11:15 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,712 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Pads I would go with Akebono ASP1222. I've had good luck with Centric reman calipers but in truth I only 100% trust ones I rebuild myself. Are you sure your calipers pistons are seizing up? It could simply be the slide pins need servicing.
Old 10-28-17, 04:17 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

I ended up ordering two Remanned A-1 Cardon Ultra Preimume coated Calipers so that they hodl up and don't rust in the wet snow they where like 39.00 each.
I also ordered a Set of EBC Front OE Replacment Brake pads and i will hope that the shop will Machien my rotors because the rotors have not been turned they where newly replaced early this summer with EBC basic not slotted and not drilled Rotors