Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Advanti HY Hybris for track/street duty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-17, 02:09 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Advanti HY Hybris for track/street duty?

Greetings all!

New IS-F owner here ('11 in UBM) ... As I'm finishing up my drivetrain mods, I've been on the hunt for the holy grail "quad-fecta" of aftermarket IS-F wheel - attractive, light, durable, and affordable! I'm planning to do HPDE's a few times a year without committing to a dedicated track tire/wheel setup. I love the look of the 19's and am very unlikely to lower the car, so my compromise would be going square with 19x9.5's and 275/30 rubber at all four corners. I've got her on a diet that will get me verrry close to 50/50 weight distribution, so square makes even more sense, not to mention how nice it would be to be able to fully rotate tires.

I've been digging for 2 days, have read every track wheel/tire thread there is here, and my options seem pretty limited given how little weight information is provided by most manufacturers. A used set of WedsSport SA67R's would be nice (especially with that blue stripe to complement my UBM paint!), but most are staggered 9/10" setups and still on the pricey side... when compared to the other roto-formed stuff flooding the market.

There seem to be a few options from TSW, like their Interlagos and Geneva that are purportedly light, but actual weight info is hard to confirm on the larger sizes. I JUST read RR Racing runs the same square setup I'm after with the TSW Nurburgring, and while I think it's gorgeous, I've only read one report of its weight being 22.5lbs.. Not bad, but I'd like confirmation before pulling the trigger.

Finally, I discovered the Advanti HY Hybris, although reported weights for a square 19x9.5 setup via the very few vendors who've had them at some point are anywhere from 19.9-24.8lbs, and I'm not sure what recourse I'd have if they showed up and were on the heavy end of the spectrum. Tire Rack claims to have weighed them right at 20lbs. I'd prefer gun metal like the IS-F's stockers, but they're only offered in either black or silver:

https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_gar...+w%2FClearcoat

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!