Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Maya Wheels.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-02, 01:04 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: copy...

Originally posted by aldo23
I never like rims that look like expensive rims...thats just me, i would rather pay the x-tra bucks and buy the real deal..
What's 'The real deal'?
Old 12-02-02, 01:45 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never like rims that look like expensive rims...thats just me, i would rather pay the x-tra bucks and buy the real deal..
um, they are the real deal. Just renamed. and MADE more expensive then the originals.
Old 12-02-02, 11:55 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those STM's look nice... Anyone know the prices?
Old 12-03-02, 03:32 AM
mr who
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Sc4oo
Those STM's look nice... Anyone know the prices?
prices from superbuytires.com
Old 12-05-02, 04:45 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out the new Busta Rhymes video. They have the Maya DTM on the black Diablo.
A couple of still shots and then a few while it's spinning. That wheel is HOTT!!!:eek:
Old 12-05-02, 09:19 AM
aldo23
Pole Position

what i'm trying to say is, the other day i went to some car stereo/rim store for a friend. When i looked at there display, all the rims looked like Lowenharts, but they were not, they were copies. If i see some guy driving a car w/ rims that look like LD5's, and they have a different center cap, the 1st thing that pops in my mind is fake. Its like when people use to wear that shirt that looked like "polo", but in actuality the shirt was "knight of the round table". A nice looking shirt, but its whole premise is to look like the more expensive brand.
Old 12-06-02, 05:51 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Maybe you should know what you're talking about before posting. I dont buy knock off wheels.
Old 12-06-02, 04:56 PM
aldo23
Pole Position

what crap are u talking about..Im saying I hate to see rims that are a blatant copy of a bigger brand, thats it...
Old 12-06-02, 05:28 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

From what I remember, rims can't get patented, so get use to a bunch of them that looks identical to each other but carry a different brand and quality.
Old 12-06-02, 11:54 PM
aldo23
Pole Position

i know, and u hit it on the nose, "quality", is what seperates the good from the cheap.
Old 12-07-02, 09:28 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

copy...
would it be so wrong to admit that you were wrong in assuming they were copies of 'The real deal'?

I kinda took offense to your comment and would like to suggest that you take that 'Few extra bucks' and invest in a 'JDM WHEELS 101' class before you comment on someones ride

Last edited by DriftGirl; 12-07-02 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-07-02, 09:13 PM
aldo23
Pole Position

the gist of the whole thing,which maybe i didnt make clear, was my general feeling about copied rims, not yours. An example, i bought the BR5's, but at 1st, the sales guy told me if i wanted to save money i could buy these(a cheap copy). I don't like to buy things that look like something else, but thats just me..
Old 12-07-02, 11:55 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

An example, i bought the BR5's, but at 1st, the sales guy told me if i wanted to save money i could buy these(a cheap copy). I don't like to buy things that look like something else, but thats just me..

Quick question here.
Who is to say lowenharts are a quality manufacture of wheels?
I am not saying that they are not but who say's they are?
You used the example of Polo shirts and those shirts The Knights of the Round Table. Are we to assume that Polo shirts are of higher quality (none purple label polo shirts) than others. I bought alot of Polo gear and trust me once they hit the wash (Except Purple Label and Polo Golf) they are hit.
I think some people think that just because it cost more that it must be better. Just look at Benz. They cost more than Lexus but they are not better.
I am not saying buy cheap stuff either, because I don't, but don't fall in the trap of cost more must be better. Hell they are all made (except for a few) the same way, by average working people.

The rims are quality and they should last just as long as any other chrome wheel, which is not that strong anyway.

If you won't real quality and durabilty but HRE or BBS.

Last edited by APLUS; 12-07-02 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-08-02, 08:42 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LowenHart is manufactured by Hart in Japan which is a high quality wheel manufacturer. They have been in business for a long time and all their wheel pass strict Japanese wheel quality tests...also, you can see the quality when you see their wheels...take a look at cheap copies and then take a look a the Lowenharts...you'll see a difference...

Now are they the best? No...I think HRE makes superior wheels to Lowenhart (forged vs. cast)...but Lowenhart does make a good quality wheel...
Old 12-08-02, 05:00 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

but Lowenhart does make a good quality wheel...

I totally agree, but some people will make a statement about a manufacture before they know who they really are.
I had this one guy tell me that Giovanna was the best and that is all he wanted was some Giovanna Capris for his Cl500. I asked him why does he think their so superior to others and he tells me " Just look at the price, they have to one of the best for that price."

Quick Reply: Maya Wheels.........