Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

MRR Wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 08:31 AM
Fongyd85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad experience with MRR

I've had MRR HR4s on my GS for a coupe years. First year they were good but the GS wasn't my daily driver. Second year my GS became my daily driver and I dented the crap out of 2 rims in these NJ potholes. I had General Gmax all seasons too and bubbles on 2 or 3 tires. I went to a wheel shop to get 2 rims fixed and within a month, dented 2 rims again. I don't know if it's the low pro, but I was hoping they held up better than that.

I've had 18" TSW vortexs on my altima a couple cars ago and they held up well but my setup wasn't as low pro as the GS.
Old 07-27-15, 10:01 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fongyd85
I've had MRR HR4s on my GS for a coupe years. First year they were good but the GS wasn't my daily driver. Second year my GS became my daily driver and I dented the crap out of 2 rims in these NJ potholes. I had General Gmax all seasons too and bubbles on 2 or 3 tires. I went to a wheel shop to get 2 rims fixed and within a month, dented 2 rims again. I don't know if it's the low pro, but I was hoping they held up better than that.

I've had 18" TSW vortexs on my altima a couple cars ago and they held up well but my setup wasn't as low pro as the GS.
I don't see how you can blame the MRR's when you admits banging the wheels on Jersey potholes.
I had a set on my wife's car. They lasted 6 years. My wife banged the crap out of them. No breaks. No bends.
Old 08-03-15, 11:57 AM
Fongyd85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not that I'm blaming MRR however, if my wheel dents the first time hitting a normal size pothole, thats pretty disappointing. They are noticeable dents as well. So either to have 20" rims around here, I have to go forged, or go down to 19". Unless there are are other wheels that will hold up better.
Old 08-03-15, 12:02 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fongyd85
It's not that I'm blaming MRR however, if my wheel dents the first time hitting a normal size pothole, thats pretty disappointing. They are noticeable dents as well. So either to have 20" rims around here, I have to go forged, or go down to 19". Unless there are are other wheels that will hold up better.
Forged wheels will bend too if you're banging potholes.
Old 08-07-15, 09:07 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I will never purchase another MRR or Roderick product ever.

Had a set of RW5's on a Cayenne that held up ok, except for the finish. I liked them because they were hub centric to Porsche, and accepted the factory cap, so I gave them a try. Not the best quality, but they did the trick for a spare set.

Bought a set of RW6's for our Audi A7. Black with machined face. Wheel looked great initially (other than the cheap plastic cap), and although hubcentric rings are required, they balanced well. Seven months in the first wheel with an issue became apparent. Clear coat started to peel off of one wheel, then another, then another over the next six months. At first it was very minor, then one wheel eventually had the clear peeling off of over half the wheel.

Contacted MRR and was told it must have been a harsh chemical or the wheels had been curbed, as they had never had an issue like I was describing. I conveyed the fact that this car had NEVER been to a car wash, and none of the wheels had ever been banged. I went on to state that all of the other vehicles in our family were washed with the same quality car wash soap and it has never had an adverse affect on any other vehicle.

In the end, the customer service was less than stellar. As has been stated before, you get what you pay for. I did have the wheels powder coated and they definitely look good, but the lack of customer service will keep me from ever purchasing an MRR product in the future.