Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

A wheel made for Lexus only ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 10:07 AM
LSme460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A wheel made for Lexus only ??

Hello everyone, im new here and im simply trying to get options
well info from all Members

what do you guys think about having a wheel that is only made for Lexus?
i know TSW has one under their new Lumarai line up but IMO it lacks what some are looking for right now. well imo im always looking for a staggered set up
with as much lip as possible yet still have some sportyness to it.

what do you guys look for in a wheel???

knowing this information will give suppliers and manufacture a reason to make certain products especially by knowing what you want.

i wont say who i am but heres a plan of something arriving soon.

Wheel company ( confidential)

model name ( confidential)

size available:

19x8.5 5x114.3 35et

19x9.5 5x114.3 35et/40et/45et

20x8.5 5x114.3 35et

20x10 5x114.3 40et

Finishes available:

Machine face/ black accents/ Chrome lip/ Chrome rivets

Machine face/ Gun metal accents/ Chrome lip/ chrome rivets

front lip size 2 1/2" rear lip 5"

*** 100% hub centric to lexus only 60.1

*** OE factory lugnuts will work

*** your factory Lexus cap will go right on

*** OE TPMS will go right on

what do you guys think???? Picture??? coming soon. if theirs enough oppinions
ill post one up.

this wheel is not do to arrive till Oct 2010 it wont be on advertised till Jan 2011

but will be available for purchase as soon as they arrive.

any info is greatly appriciated. thanks guys !!
Old 07-23-10, 11:19 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Those offsets are pretty weak sauce unless you want a wheel that requires no fender mods.
Old 07-23-10, 11:32 AM
LSme460
Driver School Candidate

i do appriciate your info and i do understand where your comming from but please do consider the fact that we are in business to provide a product to a more general crowed for a production wheel. but i do have good news.

i will be able to produce this wheel for you to any off set
anywhere from 20et to 50et rears as well, so if you want that aggressive fitment
then i can deliver and still keep factory specs.

i know some of us like the "VIP style" trust me i love it to but i got guys in the east coast and central states that just dont have the way of fender rolls and yet tires are not as available like in the big city's

trust me send me info and oppinions we need to hear them
Old 07-23-10, 04:59 PM
marus
Pole Position

you should provide lower offsets. 5 inch lip sounds good though bnut im guessing its because convex..... im more of a flat faced rim
Old 07-23-10, 06:22 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

If you're a new company...build for the masses

yeah, The stretch n poke is hot right now but the trend will slowly fade. Plus the majority of Lexus owners who spend big wouldnt dream of cutting/shaving/rolling their cars.

Having a more aggressive line after youve gotten them established would be great, but chasing trends isnt a solid buisiness strategy if you're in it for the long run. *

I think the offset range will work well for the general Lexus audience. Id personally like to see those numbers drop into the 20's if it doesnt break the bank being a new company n all.

Also, Why "Lexus only"?

Good luck with the wheel line!! Always good to see new stuff come to the market!

*This coming from someone that has altered fenders and aggressive rims on all my cars.
Old 07-23-10, 10:46 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

might be interested in some black wheels for winter time. Post pics. LMK if you need a test for for an IS 350 . Will it also clear bbk? I got a bbk
Old 07-24-10, 01:23 PM
LSme460
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys i do thank you for the replies, every single one counts.
i dont want to say what company im from but i will tell you that many members here actually have our wheels on their vehicles, weve been around the U.S. market for about a good 5-6 years and have established a great reputation.

DriftGirl: thank you for your comments the reason we are doing a lexus only wheel is to try to provide customers like your self a well made wheel that is specifically for your type of car, we dont want to do a universal wheel or have you put some spacers or even aftermarket lug nuts, those accesories are not bad at all but we just want to show the Lexus customer that you can have the same benefits that a multi piece wheel offers into a affordable cast wheel
and not have to spend that big amount of cash, even multi piece wheels take short cuts ( we dont want that) ours will give you the satisfaction of knowing 100% that your car can cruise or do 90mph on the HWY and not vibrate.

Marus: as of the low ET info i will also have that option. we currently bring in blank wheels for that same reason. lets say i have a customer with a 2002 GS300 my 20 or 19 will fit just fine but lets say he wants to be aggressive and stretch some tires... all he has to do is speak to a authorized dealer and tell them " i want these wheels with a 25et front and 32et rears"
presto !!! just one more business day and they are sent to our proffesional CNC tech to finish up that wheel to your specs and guess what?? no extra charge for that. since is done by our techs we keep all factory warranty's, 1 year finish and life time structure. what do you guys think????

Josh: thank you for offering your car, but i would not make you go out of your way, we currently have many wheels that fit the IS350 we simply take the sp[ecs and makeit right the first time.

*** keep the info coming***** soon ill have some pictures, hopefully you guys will like, if not is back to the drawing board
Old 08-13-10, 05:07 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

i am a big fan of OEM style wheels made specifically for the car. The options for the 2007 and up LS 460 are pretty limited. I like the style of my OEM 18x7.5, but think it would look even better in a 19x8.5 with either a machine or hyper silver finish. The 19" OEM option 5 spoke on the touring model would probably look great in a 20x8.5 version in hyper silver or machine but has an offset that will still clear brakes and fenders without any modifications. I have the 2009 Accord Coupe 19" HFP wheel on my 2003 Acura TL Type S and it fits perfectly, strong as hell and always balances up perfectly. When I had aftermarket wheels, it was always something, but then again quality of the wheel goes a long way.
Old 08-13-10, 07:28 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally, I think the 35, 45 offset combo works well on our cars. I am definitely never going to pull, cut, stretch my fenders and I want to drive my car with extreme confidence at high speeds. I also want to be able to take my family out to dinner without issues.
I like the plan for offsets however you might wanna make hubcentric wheels for other brands as well. It's great to start off with Lexus but since many on this site think 1 piece cast are taboo, you might have to expand your target audience if you wanna make some money.

I like cast wheels and will be looking for something for wifey's car. I haven't gotten the Lumerai because the front offsets are 38 for the front. Thats a little too weak for me.

Bring em on. Let's see your stuff!
Old 08-15-10, 11:57 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Those wheel specs sound great. I bought my F-Sport wheels about a year ago, & I love the offset, but wish it had more lip. If your only doing 1 piece wheels see if you are able to go forged, light & strong. Im in for some pics.
Old 08-16-10, 06:19 PM
LexFather

Once the design is tasteful and accents the Lexus lines. I don't want to notice the wheels first, then the car. Also quality is important, I drive a quality Lexus and I want quality wheels without paying an arm and leg for them.