Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Question On A Wheel Brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-01, 07:09 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this question on the old board and got 1 response. My friend is planning to buy MOMO EXTREME in 20's, and I don't know too much about the company, only that it is made from ITALY.

Guys, what do you think about the MOMO brand? Are they just as "quality" as Lowenharts? As expensive too?

Thanks again guys !

Old 02-28-01, 07:24 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb Rims!

The Momo's want sock it to your wallet as bad as the Lowenhart's, but they will "jab" it! Momo is a good quality rim. My boy that plays for the Mavs. actually has a set of 20in. on his Lincoln Navigator! Bling-bling!
Old 02-28-01, 12:08 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up momo-it is all good

hello d-man,

momo has been in the racing scene and afteremarket mod business for more than 15 years. back in my college days of late 80s, a set of momo star wheel would bring envy as well as jealousy from onlookers.

their wheels are basically one-piece no-frill design, very solid and durable. at $300-$400 per wheel, depend on sizes, it is a reasonable buy, imo. but in terms of design, some people may say momo wheels are too bland, especially if you compare to many 2/3 piece wheels from the land of rising sun(japan). like building cars, japanese people have their ways of taking a good thing and try to come up with various design for different consumers. but in terms of quality, momo wheels are just as good as any big name company.

as i always say, choosing wheels for your car is basically a love affair-either you love it or cannot stand it. if you, or your bud like a certain model in the momo line, go for it. momo is a reputable company, and their products are approved by the german(TUV) safety agency.

sure, lowenharts are attractive, but this does not mean the momos are not. for those who can afford any of the HART wheels, good for them. but if ones budget allow him/her to go for the momos, or any other brands, and he /she likes the LOOK on the car, who is there to judge.

budget, look and safety, as long as you have these bases covered in the mod process, i wish you all the happiness.

will

Old 02-28-01, 05:18 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the feedback guys !