Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-03, 12:52 PM
jucee187
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?

Has there been a CL member that had AXIS rims that split in half or something catastrophic like that?

whats so "bad" about axis besides they "copy" designs.?

IFORGED rims are almost carbon copies of HREs (including the price) and no one seems to be doggin them?

I still think AXIS is a good company....or else why would people buy their rims? The owner of axis (james chen..i think) is balling.. he has like 8 or more cars including bentley and ferrari porsche etc. Do you think he would be that successful by selling a crappy product?

Just because we drive a lexus we are supposed to have expensive wheels?

tell me what feels better replacing a bent $1000 RIM or replacing a bent $400 rim?

Not a bad lookin AXIS rim IMO.

Old 08-22-03, 01:00 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Nah~ I feel a war is coming
Old 08-22-03, 01:05 PM
BuyERTS
Lead Lap

It's on?
Attached Thumbnails Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?-flamewar.jpg  
Old 08-22-03, 01:28 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default I can't really speak out about Axis...

since I've never really owned a set. But what I do know is that from the few people that have owned them and spoken out about them on various forums most of the responses were not positive.

In the end....you get what you pay for.

Regards,

-Seize
Old 08-22-03, 02:09 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I still think AXIS is a good company....or else why would people buy their rims? The owner of axis (james chen..i think) is balling.. he has like 8 or more cars including bentley and ferrari porsche etc. Do you think he would be that successful by selling a crappy product?"

Miss Cleo got rich also, guess she had a quality product?
Old 08-22-03, 02:44 PM
zmatrix
Pole Position

I think it's about having the style and being able to afford it rather than getting the original thing. That is why Axis does well. Just a wheel for a different market segment.
Old 08-22-03, 03:58 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Take it from a guy who used to have cheap wheels, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! My new wheels have a cleaner chrome finish, better craftsmanship (the way the spokes meet the lip, details), and they are lighter than my old ghetto dubs.

Next, you feel better about your car, knowing you gave it the best product you could afford, not the FIRST thing you could afford! My old wheels were just as strong as my Dronnels but they probably weighed 5-10 more pounds per wheels (slower acceleration, worse handling, gas mileage, etc)

The last thing is, quality wheels (not neccessarily the most EXPENSIVE, btw) will set your car apart from all the other wankstas out there leaning hard on their cheap off the shelf crap. For the price of some of that cheap crap, you could get a clean set of Moda's or Maya or Mille Miglia, all nice wheels that dont cost an arm and a leg.

Trust me on this one, I know!
Old 08-22-03, 04:38 PM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

It's kinda like what DGOT20s said, "Take it from a guy who used to have cheap wheels, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!" That and it's you're personal preference. I have a freind who has a sick Strawberry face conversion, everything done, but he had bought some ghetto Velox wheels I think that looked like Volk GT-N's and just put a Volk Center cap on it. U really couldn't tell and people thought they were real Volks. But he knew that he was just playin himself and others. How would you feel rollin around on some fatty wheels, that look like the real thing, but are knockoffs, it's just not cool. The Lexus is in another class, it's not meant to be lowered to a level as a Civic. That's the way I see it. And if this make on sense, I haven't slept in 2 days.
Old 08-22-03, 06:03 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i would like to see pics of your friend's rims. i've never seen a good copy of the gtn's. i think i've seen the velox wheels that look similar to gtn's, but they still don't look like it. i'm just curious and would like to see a pic. thanks!
Old 08-22-03, 07:38 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Default Re: Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?

Originally posted by jucee187

YES
Old 08-23-03, 02:39 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
YES
i'll say quality, but they usually go hand-in-hand.

Iforged does look like HRE (yes, despite flatter centers)on many fronts and that's been noted on CL as well.
Old 08-23-03, 08:44 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?

Originally posted by jucee187

I dont think they have to be EXPENSIVE, but just an original design, from a decent company. I know some guys on this board have Moda (made by BBS), and Mille Miglia, or Maya. Those rims are not as expensive as Lowenhart or HRE, but they have clean desings, nice contstruction, etc.

Also, I dont like when a guy gets the biggest rim he can for the cheapest amount of money! I would rather have Silver Maya rims in 20, than my old Polo 20s in chrome. Nice wheels are supposed to make your car unique, but how can you be unique when you bought the same 20inch "somethin shinys" as everyone else?!

Hope this helps bud
Old 08-24-03, 07:34 AM
legendary
Racer

bottom line -

you get what you pay for, cry once

I do not know if Axis is the worst out there, but I would hate to make a 2000.00 mistake when I could have put another 1000.00 to get what I really wanted, especially when I know better. These guys make a killing because ALOT of folks do not know better...they don't realize their wheel is a knock-off. And a badly produced copy. They don't realize those fake rivets are going to fall out. The finish is going to peel. The center cap crack. Its all in learning experience. We here at CL aren't saying go spend your life savings, we are saying save your money by not buying the same wheels twice (knock-off first, original second). You have essentially paid for a set of high-end wheels when you do.

In fact, there are plenty of good wheels you can get that aren't HRE money, and excellent quality. HRE is one of the units to measure by imo
Old 08-24-03, 08:19 PM
mmcustom
Driver

I heavily agree with you guys, you do get exactly what you pay for!!
Old 08-25-03, 07:46 AM
jucee187
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the input guys... it was NEVER in my intention to start a flame war with this thread.. I was simply curious as to why AXIS is so unliked.. Ok if not AXIS then what is a better brand to go with that has a similar mesh pattern as the above rim? in the price range of $4000 CDN for 19s with tires?

Quick Reply: Whats with the AXIS hating on this forum?