Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

who's ridin spinners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-03, 04:30 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

I was approaching an intersection and looked up to see an LS with spinners. I thought the the car was spinning his wheels and was going to run the stop sign. It freaked me out, then I realized he had spinners. I guess that's why some law enforcement agencies have a problem with spinners.
Old 08-08-03, 03:30 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to some cops about why they pull people over. A couple of them told me when they are watching people run a stop sign, they look at the wheels to see if the wheels have stopped rolling. Wheels are stopped = car is stopped. The spinners make it tough for the police to tell if the vehicle actually stopped.
Old 08-09-03, 12:19 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Spinners are ok as long as you get the real deal ones not some ugly knock offs that stick out to far from the rims.

Spinner hubcaps
http://www.brunsonjewelry.com/designerclothing.html
Old 08-09-03, 02:47 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Din
Spinners are ok as long as you get the real deal ones not some ugly knock offs that stick out to far from the rims.

Spinner hubcaps
http://www.brunsonjewelry.com/designerclothing.html
now those are HOT....i'm placing an order for 9 sets right now.

Old 08-10-03, 02:46 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Ugghh. Those things need to be outlawed. If not because the cops want them gone, just becasue they are hideous. If anyone lives by where those things are made, please, for the sake of society and my peace of mind, torch that building.
Old 08-10-03, 03:01 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Who every made those stupid spinning hubcaps is going to make millions. Just like pet rock. Wish I would have thought of that. Damn.
Old 08-10-03, 09:14 AM
twenty1
Lead Lap

lonely toothbrush, gs300rich: are ya'll fans of hip hop and just don't like the song "ridin spinners?"
i've only seen the video on b.e.t's rap city, so i'm assuming that you must get into hip hop. people that listen to southern hip hop seem to be less particular about the music than east coast people (myself included). outside of ugk, i don't listen to much "pimp based" music. since ridin spinners is a three 6 mafia song, is there other music made by them that ya'll like? just curious.

as for spinners, the wheels, i can't really feel 'em. to me, even the davins look like a knock off. i can occassionally (very occassionally) appreciate spinners, but would never justify buying spinners as opposed to some hot rims.
Old 08-10-03, 01:55 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by twenty1
lonely toothbrush, gs300rich: are ya'll fans of hip hop and just don't like the song "ridin spinners?"
i've only seen the video on b.e.t's rap city, so i'm assuming that you must get into hip hop. people that listen to southern hip hop seem to be less particular about the music than east coast people (myself included). outside of ugk, i don't listen to much "pimp based" music. since ridin spinners is a three 6 mafia song, is there other music made by them that ya'll like? just curious.

as for spinners, the wheels, i can't really feel 'em. to me, even the davins look like a knock off. i can occassionally (very occassionally) appreciate spinners, but would never justify buying spinners as opposed to some hot rims.
southern rap is totally differnt from east cost, i jam nothing but southern rap.