Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

wheel locks, theft proof?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-03, 10:16 AM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel locks, theft proof?

ok, recently i had an issue with my wheels. i guess someone REALLY liked them (LOL). Well I'm having a 2nd alarm installed with 2 way paging and motion sensors for the car and a huge motion spot light outside the house until i get back into a garage.

I'm looking at these locks for my SSR GT3 wheels. They fit pefectly in the lug nut hole of the wheel and there is no gap for an oversized socket. The outside spins and the key fits inbetween. I may use this with 4 other different sets.

Do you think these are theft proof? How about some opinions.
Attached Thumbnails wheel locks, theft proof?-drill.jpeg  

Last edited by jbbnet; 06-12-03 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-14-03, 07:38 PM
killerlex
Rookie

as long as a socket cant be hammer on to the lug nut you are all set. if they really want your wheels they will have to drop your suspension to take your wheel off.
Old 06-14-03, 09:06 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a set of those locks on my wheels also, they seem to be a pretty hard lock to get past. All five lugs on my wheels are locks, two different kinds. If someone wants these shoes, they gotta earn it!!
Old 12-08-03, 11:00 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What brand name are these locks? Where can I get them from? How much do they cost?

Pete
Old 12-08-03, 03:19 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

whoa, these are the first time I heard of these locks. I will need some soon, please provide more details.
Old 12-08-03, 03:45 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If only one lock is used per wheel, A person can remove the four lugs and gab the wheel and pull fast on the tire and wheel bent and snap off the locked stud..........
Old 12-08-03, 04:26 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I already got 1 set of locks, but I want at least another set from a different brand...just to make it a bit harder for them thieves.

Last edited by PHML; 12-08-03 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-08-03, 06:21 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by PHML
I already got 1 set of locks, but I want at least another set from a different brand...just to make it a bit harder for them thieves.
That's a very good idea !
Old 12-08-03, 08:23 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTurboPimp: I agree - 1 set is not enough.
LexKost - I didn't know you could pull off a lug...

My suggestion is to go with 3 sets, 12 total. A set of Lexus Locks, Gorilla Lug Locks and Another Brand. Keep them all in different places. Two in the trunk, one in the house or backpack, or wherever. When theives pop off that cap and see 3 out of 5 different locks, they're gonna say Forget it....for now anyway! If your car is stolen, there will only be 2 sets of lug keys in the car. So when Lo-JAcks kicks in and the cops finds your car, it will still have rims. A little damaged but still on the car

Last edited by TwentyTen; 12-08-03 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-08-03, 08:30 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Darius2004
TTurboPimp: I agree - 1 set is not enough.
LexKost - I didn't know you could pull off a lug...

My suggestion is to go with 3 sets, 12 total. A set of Lexus Locks, Gorilla Lug Locks and Another Brand. Keep them all in different places. Two in the trunk, one in the house or backpack, or wherever. When theives pop off that cap and see 3 out of 5 different locks, they're gonna say Forget it....for now anyway! If your car is stolen, there will only be 2 sets of lug keys in the car. So when Lo-JAcks kicks in and the cops finds your car, it will still have rims. A little damaged but still on the car
Never put lug keys in trunk!!!! There are better hiding places, the trunk is first place they look.
Old 12-08-03, 08:42 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
I have a set of those locks on my wheels also, they seem to be a pretty hard lock to get past. All five lugs on my wheels are locks, two different kinds. If someone wants these shoes, they gotta earn it!!
Damn PIMP, you just sent me BACK to the drawing board!!! Oh well, I live closer Jimmy anyway, I'll just go get his!!

j/k good idea, I have never seen this type of lock! i can say this now since I took my wheels off on Friday, I was riding around with my Dronells on the 400 with NO LOCKs LOL. I'm a risk taker!!

P.S. When i put them back on I will use 2 sets of LOCKS!!
Old 12-08-03, 08:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Lexkost
Never put lug keys in trunk!!!! There are better hiding places, the trunk is first place they look.
i'm gonna have the Dr install a stashbox in my HEAD to hide mine!! Let me see the theives find it THERE!!

Of course airport visits will be VERY interesting to say the least!
Old 12-08-03, 08:59 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DGOT20s
....I can say this now since I took my wheels off on Friday, I was riding around with my Dronells on the 400 with NO LOCKs LOL. I'm a risk taker!!
Yeah, I'll say!! That's like frying chicken butt naked!! Your just begging to get BURNED... lol....

Lexkost - Thanks!
Old 12-08-03, 09:01 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by Darius2004
Yeah, I'll say!! That's like frying chicken butt naked!! Your just begging to get BURNED... lol....
ROFLMAO

Thats funny man, I only had the wheels on for about 2weeks so I say what the heck, I'm a REBEL!!! (insert bad boyz theme music here )

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 12-08-03 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-08-03, 09:03 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DGOT20s
i'm gonna have the Dr install a stashbox in my HEAD to hide mine!! Let me see the theives find it THERE!!

Of course airport visits will be VERY interesting to say the least!
DGOT20s, When you find a good spot don't tell anybody and when going for service where a tire/wheel has to be removed , take your keys out of hiding spot beforehand................

Quick Reply: wheel locks, theft proof?