Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

velox and adr chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-03, 08:48 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default velox and adr chrome?

i been looking for rims lately and i have seen the velox hyperion and the adr sterling, both in chrome. I was wondering, which one is the knock-off, or if they both are, who makes the real deal one. Sorry, i dont know how to attach pictures to show you the rims i am refering to. Also, i know nothing about velox and adr, so does anyone have any info on the quality of their rims? thanks.
Old 03-31-03, 01:33 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ADR makes all knock offs...most of Velox's wheels are knock-offs...if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure it's the one that's a knock-off of the Lowenhart's...

The Velox and ADR wheels are about the same in quality...they're just average cast wheels. Same as any other low cost wheel...
Old 03-31-03, 07:56 AM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Default rims

i looked at the lowenharts and the BR5's look like the adr sterling and velox hyperion, except for the rivets (sorry, not sure if that they are really called) that are close to the lip between the spokes. I also found that the MAYA DTM rim is very similar to the BR5's but again has the rivets, which i dont like to much. What do you know about MAYA? I'd like to find a rim with the look similiar to the BR5's but with no rivets. Anyone know of a company that makes them other than adr and velox? thanks.
Old 03-31-03, 12:39 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

they're not really rivets, but everyone calls them rivets.

but you don't like the 3-piece look with rivets? once upon a time, i didn't either, cause i thought it made a rim look busy smaller. then i learned the "acquired taste" of better rims and would probably never buy anything that isn' t the 3-piece look. look around the CL gallery or a website with lots of rims, superbuytires.com or the million car fan sites, and you might like the look after all. if you really don't like it, then the adr is the only choice without rivets. other knock-offs do the rivets

and the maya are pretty good, imported by dazz from japan but i can't recall the actual manufacturer