Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Rotating Blues

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-03, 01:00 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rotating Blues

Hi guys, it’s been a while.

I am sure you guys go through this and there is most likely a post on it. I looked, if anyone know of one please send me the link.

The Problem: Put new tires and rims on the SC4 about 3K miles ago. Perfect alignment balancing and everything was done. Just had the tires rotated. Car doesn't really pull right, but the wheel is crooked. It stays slightly turned left to go straight. I have potenza RE030 on the car. To fix this problem I can simply rotate them back. But then I am really beating on the back right tire. Is there a balancing process that can be done to fix this? Or should i cross rotate them instead. IE swap the back two and the front two?

Suggestions?

Thanks

A-Michael-K
Old 03-02-03, 03:07 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default come on

Nobody knows?

Today I adjusted the air pressure and still no luck, it still pulls right. im going to rotate them back and just swap the rear two tires. Any comments?

Old 03-02-03, 04:03 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's possible that you need another alignment. This should correct the problem. check your owner's manual for correct rotation procedure.. mine is Front to Back (not sure about SC). Check with the shop that did your alignment.. some shops offer a 30 day guarantee on the alignment, you may be able to go back and they redo it for you .. free of charge.

I am 100% sure but isn't 3K a little soon to do a rotation?
Old 03-02-03, 04:24 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Exclamation yes

The car was perfectly aligned when I brought it in. No pull at all. Straight wheel to drive straight. My own theory is that since the back right wheel on the SC does all the work. No LSD. It is exposed to greater tread wear than the other tires. Thus when putting it on the front left it has slightly less tread than the front right tire causing the pull problem. 3K is an ok time to rotate, if i would wait longer than more tread would come of the rear right causing a greater alignment problem with higher miles. Thus, looking for somebody to tell me it is ok to just swap the rear tires. I don’t think there would be an alignment problem if I did that.
Old 03-07-03, 12:54 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default back to normal

I just put the tires back the way i had them, when the time comes ill just buy new rear tires.

:thumbdown