Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Tire Rack Sales and Specials

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 08:57 AM
AJ@TireRack.com
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rack Sales and Specials

Click on the link below to check out current sales and specials

The Tire Rack - Sales and Special Offers

As always, if I can be any help, please let me know!
Old 06-20-15, 12:50 PM
Psaxby
Driver School Candidate

Post Tires

HI,

I am looking for great prices and tires for my Lexus 2007 RX400h (at least 60,000 miles warranty) but I am so confused with so many brands. Which ones would you recommend for all seasons?

I am looking for p235/55r18 99v tires.

Thanks
Old 06-22-15, 06:04 AM
Theo@TireRack.com
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go with either the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus or the Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus. Both are very good tires with excellent all-around performance. The Pirelli is a 65,000 mile tire and the Bridgestone has an 80,000 mile warranty. The Pirelli is a great performer in the dry, with sharp handling and good steering feel. The Bridgestone will be a little softer-riding, without quite the handling responses of the Pirelli. We haven't performed a head-to-head comparison of the two, but I expect the Bridgestone to have slightly better performance in the wet.

Old 10-01-15, 07:27 AM
Ron10346
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AJ.. I am looking to replace tires on my 05 LS430, currently have Michelin Primacy MXV4 P245/24 R18 96V but can't find them anywhere. Are they discontinued? My searches keep coming up with the MXM4, is this a replacement for the MXV4? I got 50k out of these tires and they have been great for this car, was hoping to stick with the same. If in fact the MXV4 is no longer available, what would be the most comparable in terms of quiet, ride and mileage?
Old 10-31-15, 12:03 PM
chrtorres
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AJ@TireRack.com
Click on the link below to check out current sales and specials

The Tire Rack - Sales and Special Offers

As always, if I can be any help, please let me know!

I'm looking for a set of tires and can't really decide between Michelin or Contis. I've an 03 GX 470 base. Here's the options i've found.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...inLoadRating=S
Old 11-08-15, 05:58 PM
benfb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Theo@TireRack.com
I would go with either the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus or the Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus. Both are very good tires with excellent all-around performance. The Pirelli is a 65,000 mile tire and the Bridgestone has an 80,000 mile warranty. The Pirelli is a great performer in the dry, with sharp handling and good steering feel. The Bridgestone will be a little softer-riding, without quite the handling responses of the Pirelli. We haven't performed a head-to-head comparison of the two, but I expect the Bridgestone to have slightly better performance in the wet.

Current Tire Rack ratings show the Pirelli as better in wet and quiter than the Bridgestone. Do you have any stronger feelings now about how these compare than when you first posted?

Anyone else with a comparison between those two?
Old 10-28-16, 12:59 PM
TxTurg
Driver School Candidate

Default Suggestion

I need a new set of tires for my 2012 LS460L with 19" wheels. I live in the Dallas area so we get weather extremes. I drive under 12K miles a year but do enjoy taking it on long journeys - most recently to Northern California and back. I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3Plus but see some comments regarding Primacy. I know the latter are a little more expensive - what are the differences and what do you recommend. I don't want to compromise the nice quiet ride.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 11-08-17, 01:56 PM
Saurael
Driver School Candidate

hey im looking for any coupon codes available to CL MEMBERS?
Old 03-15-18, 04:55 PM
jlopez3983
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking for a set of Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's
Front 235/35/19
rear 255/35/19

any deals or coupon codes for clublexus members?
Old 06-04-18, 12:51 PM
OrthoMT
Driver School Candidate

Default Michelin ps2's vs a/s 3+ for 2007 lexus 350is f-sport?

AJ - I've read as much as I could find here and on Tirerack re the Michelins being the go to tire for my car. I'm not going to track it just yet, live in No Alabama where it rains a bit and is brutally hot til about Sept when it rains usually through til next summer begins. My car has X package springs which lowered the front by .5 inch and rear by .2. So its already lowered Ive got a few questions before I screw my new wheels up and need some pro guidance...

1) Can both tires be cross rotated or is this just the PS2's?
2) I noticed that the Front ENKEI Rims are generally all 38 offset and the rear are 40 unless you go to a ENKEI tuning that's 50.
for the tires to match up best / perform best is it best to stay as close to the Lexus Stock wheel setup as possible?
3) What is your opinion on whether I can go to a 19" F235/R255 setup? If so what offsets should I be looking for in rims to keep within stock ranges?
4) Besides the obvious cool factor of 19"s closing the gap in the wheel wells on the factory lowered springs is their a substantial performance gain in ride quality? I know I'm picking up weight with larger tires and larger rims
5) If i go up to the OZ rims for the money are they gonna help me performance wise with any of these setups?

I am open to your suggestions on what will give me the best performance look...I want the wheels to look tight but not slammed.
I'm gonna do something with you guys in a week after i get my new baby this weekend but I wanted to have it figured out before I get her.

Thanks a million for your wisdom!
Old 07-05-18, 07:20 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

im driving myself crazy trying to find an affordable chrome or polished aluminum rims. whats affordable? well, i dont want to pay more than 150 a rim and ideally i want to spend no more than 500 bucks. i feel overwhelmed. its crazy too none of the websites offer my color of car in the virtual applications to see how different rims look. when i do find some rims i may like , or specially on ebay, theres so many ****ing number getting thrown around. so if you think you can help me at all id appreciate it. thanks
Old 11-17-18, 10:00 PM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hello
I’m close on purchasing new tires for my GS 350 F sport. I’ve had the Pilot Sport 4s before and liked them but see that the Continental Extreme Contact Sports are a little cheaper. Which tires do you recommend between the two?
Old 08-26-20, 08:37 AM
72gs455
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Updates to the discounts at Tirerack?

What the latest? i'm going to be needing tires soon, i would like to have a little softer ride. Which Rating would be best? Its a commuter not a race car or drifter... -09 IS250AWD currently have Michelin PILOT SPORT 225/45ZR17.
Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Jerry
Old 03-05-22, 01:12 PM
Ladyt
Rookie

Default Perilli

[QUOTE=Theo@TireRack.com;9085192]I would go with either the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus or the Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus. Both are very good tires with excellent all-around performance. The Pirelli is a 65,000 mile tire and the Bridgestone has an 80,000 mile warranty. The Pirelli is a great performer in the dry, with sharp handling and good steering feel. The Bridgestone will be a little softer-riding, without quite the handling responses of the Pirelli. We haven't performed a head-to-head comparison of the two, but I expect the Bridgestone to have slightly better performance in the wet.

[I have the Perilli purchased Nov 2018 and it's time to start shopping again. I would buy them again but wish for longer tread life.

Last edited by Ladyt; 03-05-22 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Spelling