Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

HELP: Hazing and Spotted Lips on My Zaubers...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-03, 09:12 AM
4HunDo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Hazing and Spotted Lips on My Zauberz...

I have a discoloration and hazy spot on my Zauber Gettin Lips... Unsure where it came from.. Just noticed the discoloration yesterday, tried to wash it off with soap and water, would not come off.

I had just brought my car into the body shop and I suspect they may have used a 'wheel cleaner' to detail my car. There are hazy marks, and a slight blue purple discoloration on some parts.

Just spoke to carcareonline.com, they need to know what the finish is on the wheel... anodized, bare metal, powder coat, clear coat...

GSWILL can you let me know? I tried calling you on your mobile, but I dont think I have your current number.

Thanks. mike.
Old 02-17-03, 09:46 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oohh..no, the shop must have used cleaner that is too strong or not the right ones...all you need is soap and water for your polish and very fine clear coat finish...
Old 02-17-03, 10:31 AM
Wheel Experts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it may be overspray...very common at bodyshops

comes off easily...just take it back and ask them to remove it
Old 02-17-03, 01:54 PM
JacobT

The clear coat on the lip was damaged. It happened to my Racing Hart C5's as well. When they used some kind of wheel cleaner to clean the wheel and let it sit on too long before they rinsed off with water. The clear coat was etched by the strong cleaner. The only way to fix it is to strip off the clear coat and re-polish the whole lip
Old 02-19-03, 12:36 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely sounds like a chemical issue...happened to a buddy of mine too...that's why I always make sure the detailer/cleaner/body shop knows that I will chop his arms off (or shot his kneecaps) if he used anything other than mild soap on the wheels...don't ever use "wheel cleaners"...soap and water...and some Mother's if you have polished (uncoated) or chromed wheels...

Looks like your body shop is going to owe you a refinish on the wheel....