Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Why TireRack is THE BEST

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-13, 07:21 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why TireRack is THE BEST

Also posted in Car Chat

Why TireRack is the best:

I had decided to use the $500 gift certificate I received from a survey I did for Costco (my boat purchase) to get new rims only for my CX-9 from Costco. Did the research, spoke to the manufacturer, they arrive… of course my mechanic calls... wheels still needed additional parts (TPMS, stems, etc). Will take another 5-7 days. Return them. To Costco’s credit, very easy, they actually give me cash rather than another $500 gift card, well done Costco.

So I go back to TireRack (where I had planned to get my rims originally) and order the rims and was just going to swap with original tires that are already on OEM rims that came on my Mazda. Think about, confer with my mechanic, and decide to make whole set-up my dedicated winter set, so change up the TR order to include tires a couple hours later. “Gavin” listens and offers advice based on my skills, habits, expectations. From the start, paying for this through Bill Me Later. That was yesterday afternoon. Gavin calls me back TWICE last night to keep me informed that there is no issue with Bill Me Later as price had obviously changed and can cause issues. No need to call him, he just updated via VOICE MAILS, not email! Said we could talk first thing this morning as all should ship in morning. I need delivered by Monday COB as I’m doing install on Tues.

Called this morning to verify all and asked if all had been mounted and shipped. Transferred between customer service and sales a couple times. They had held the order until my call to confirm all was as I wanted. I asked if I could make a change again as I found same wheel in a larger size with better tires at discount. Gotta be there Monday, everything must be verified. They said, “No problem.” Changed order, got wheels and tires I really wanted, submitted to Bill Me Later, instant approval, I’m off phone. Whole time spent this morning- 11 minutes.

Big thumbs up to TireRack, sales and customer service, and to Gavin in particular. Outstanding professionalism and customer service. All they did was listen, assist, provide what I needed and listen to the situation with patience and courtesy.

Never had a problem with them ever, tried the “cheap” route, and came back. Only place I will ever buy tires/rims for life. Kudos TireRack!!!
Old 07-20-13, 07:24 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Default Update

Wheels have already arrived at my local UPS at 6:30am this morning!!!
Old 07-23-13, 06:06 AM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

I appreciate the kind words and I'll pass this along to Gavin. Thanks for the order!
Old 07-23-13, 08:04 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zig@tr
I appreciate the kind words and I'll pass this along to Gavin. Thanks for the order!
Appreciate the service.... I believe in giving credit where do, Gavin and the team earned it
Old 07-23-13, 05:49 PM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Default Update

New rims

Why TireRack is THE BEST-mazda-rims.jpg