Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

What so you think about these for GS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-02, 02:20 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What so you think about these for GS?

Hi everybody,
I’m will probably buy new wheels and tiers this spring. I’m thinking of getting these. Tell me what you think. They are 8,5*18 and named Monza (Rial). Please let me know if they are any good if you have heard anything about them.
I’m also wondering what the best size of the tire would be. I’m thinking about getting Fulda 235/40.

/Fredric
Old 01-01-03, 03:22 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

By the way I have a GS 300 1999 Dark blue metallic.
/Fredric
Old 01-04-03, 05:17 PM
JRK
Pole Position

How much are you looking to spend on your wheels? Are you specifically set on 18 inch or are you open to 19 inch wheels as well.

Personally, I would not put anything smaller than 19 on a sedan. If you have no spending limit, I suggest HRE wheels. They are some of the best wheels around!

http://www.hrewheels.com/

If they are too expensive, let us know your limit so it will be easier to find a more appropriate wheel.
Old 01-05-03, 03:14 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Originally posted by JRK
How much are you looking to spend on your wheels? Are you specifically set on 18 inch or are you open to 19 inch wheels as well.

Personally, I would not put anything smaller than 19 on a sedan. If you have no spending limit, I suggest HRE wheels. They are some of the best wheels around!

If they are too expensive, let us know your limit so it will be easier to find a more appropriate wheel.
I take it that you didn't like the rim I suggested? Don't worry I found some pics of the rim on the net and decided that they look to cheap.

Old 01-05-03, 03:22 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Originally posted by JRK

I have a spending limit since I'm unemployed. I think that limit will be 2000$ including tiers. I love the HRE wheels but they are out of reach for me. For now I'm interested in a wheel that looks alot like SSR. Tell me what you think. I will probably buy 18 inch since 19 is more expensive. And I'm unsure of the comfort with 19 inch. If I get a job I will buy 19 inch.

/Fredric
Old 01-05-03, 03:25 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

I'm from Sweden so please no need for wheel recomendation since it will be to expensive for me to import them. Just tell me what you think of the wheels I post. Thanks
/Fredric
Old 01-05-03, 03:48 PM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

Get Volk GTN's in 17's they should fit your price range. I have 18's on my Supra and they run great, but they are a bit hard to clean.
Old 01-05-03, 04:52 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fboukari
I'm from Sweden so please no need for wheel recomendation since it will be to expensive for me to import them. Just tell me what you think of the wheels I post. Thanks
/Fredric
I had a friend ith 17" ACE's on her Eclipse, I know Quality is pretty bad, a pothole will take that puppy right out. I would assume Sweden has some potholes? I would stick with 18 but go to another brand. As for the design...they are nice. And also why dont u consider buying a set of nice USED 18's fromt he classifieds?
Old 01-06-03, 05:54 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 2jzgte
Get Volk GTN's in 17's they should fit your price range. I have 18's on my Supra and they run great, but they are a bit hard to clean.
I really want 18's and I think I can get away with it since there are a lot of fairly good European brands that I can get for less than what you would pay in the States for the same wheels.

I'm also planning to get EBC Green Stuff plus do some special Teflon treatment so they will be easy to clean.

I think the following of the different sizes.
16 inch - looks ridicules, this is what I have now
17 inch - looks nice
18 inch - looks great, rim with lip might look like 17 inch
19 inch - looks perfect, especially if rim have lip, concerned about comfort though.
20 inch – too big for me
/Fredric
Old 01-06-03, 05:58 PM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Originally posted by futuregs

I had a friend ith 17" ACE's on her Eclipse, I know Quality is pretty bad, a pothole will take that puppy right out. I would assume Sweden has some potholes? I would stick with 18 but go to another brand. As for the design...they are nice. And also why dont u consider buying a set of nice USED 18's fromt he classifieds?
No we don't have potholes but I will still consider what you said.
I will look in the classified but I think the transportation cost and custom will not make it worth while.
/Fredric
Old 01-06-03, 10:27 PM
JRK
Pole Position

Originally posted by fboukari
Please do not get a knock-off wheel. Especially for a car that is as nice and classy as the GS. :eek:

For $2000, you can not really get anything worthy for a GS. I suggest you wait and save up for some nicer wheels down the line such as LOWENHART, L-Sportline, or HRE.
Old 01-07-03, 12:54 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Neither of those wheels looks particularly beautiful... they look like a typical $100/each wheel available at a Sears, Pep Boys or similar store. It's partly the finish quality, partly the styling, I guess (I think the cap area in the center of the wheel is ugly).

Not really my cup of tea.
Old 01-07-03, 02:11 AM
JRK
Pole Position

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
Neither of those wheels looks particularly beautiful... they look like a typical $100/each wheel available at a Sears, Pep Boys or similar store. It's partly the finish quality, partly the styling, I guess (I think the cap area in the center of the wheel is ugly).

Not really my cup of tea.
I can not agree more!
Old 01-07-03, 11:21 AM
sirsomo
Pole Position

I think what the others are trying to say is that you would be better off saving your money and buying a nicer, quality set of wheels. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but if I was unemployed I would hold off on buying wheels until I had more income. The GS needs at least 18s IMO and 18s with decent tires cost more like 3000-5000. Have you contacted Club Lexus wheel distributors? or maybe good ole GS4Will?

Last edited by sirsomo; 01-07-03 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-08-03, 10:24 AM
fboukari
Lead Lap

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I do when the spring is here.
/Fredric

Quick Reply: What so you think about these for GS?