Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Custom Wheel Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 06:17 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Wheel Announcement

Just finished talking to my distributor about the upcoming wheel season and he told me this Spring will showcase some exciting and ugly wheels. Like everyone has already guessed there will be tons more spinning wheels some nice looking and some cheap ugly crap. Davins, the original spinning wheels, will showcase spinning wheels that have wood grain inserts that match your factory wood interior I want see a pic until Wed. so I have know clue if it looks good. Also 26in. rims will be out, and this new wheel design for trucks that is actually a 22in. wheel with a 27in. diameter face. You can't see the tire. Tha will be interesting to see from the side but I don't know how it will look from the rear or while the truck is turning. The only other thing we talked about was this new colour BLACK CHROME. It's going to be like a opal stone, real shiny like chrome but black as night in colour. I think it will look sweet on some cars, but the only colour cars I would put them on is black, silver, and dark burgundy.
Just info that was passed to me and know to you guys. When some more stuff comes up I will be sure to let you know.
Old 11-11-02, 07:32 PM
Lexdub99
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom wheel announcement

All the information your distoibutor told you is true since I also attended the sema show last week. Lexani and Giovanna showcased some 26 inch wheels and aslo lexani has the 27 inch wheel with the 22 inch inner tire which is an ugly wheel but very innovtive idea. also the new davin wheels our ocming out with the woodgrain but in my opinion who wants woodgrain wheels just aliittle bit tacky to be putting on an expensive car whether it mathces the inside or not. Also the spoke wheel comapnies have spinnig wheels coming out and there is company that will now make your stock or aftermarket wheels spin the whole wheel face no cheap adapters. Also HRE was in full force with a few new wheels which all have the rivets on the inside of the wheel now instead of the outside. You can see them on there new website hre wheels.com. As far as lexus's our concerned they were very poorly represented at this years show as the only company that I Saw that Had a lexus fully tuned was a japanes company called fabulous which makes wide body kits exaust and wheels for the ls430 and all mercedes cars now. Overall the show was great in the wheel department but not very promising for lexus enthusiasts.
Old 11-11-02, 07:52 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Yeah I really didn't get a chance to go to SEMA this year. I really wanted to, as for the Davins with the wood inserts I 'm pretty sure (at least I hope) people only use them as show pieces for show cars only. Otherwise it problaly looks tacky and maybe even looks like a dirty rim when it's spinning.

Hey Lexdub99 I'm getting ready to throw on some Giovanna Capri's when winter leaves 20in. My lorinzers are cracked. (1 cracked and 1 bent) My question is was there any new 20' s there that might change my mind(by my 2 choices I hope you get an idea of what kind of wheel I like.). I will ride out to my distributor Wed. but from what he is telling me Lexani and Giovanna are comin hard this upcoming year. p.s. (lexdub99) I've set up that paypal be lookin.
Old 11-11-02, 07:58 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Lexdub if your still there how did the black chrome look in person?
Old 11-11-02, 10:19 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Custom wheel announcement

Originally posted by Lexdub99
Also HRE was in full force with a few new wheels which all have the rivets on the inside of the wheel now instead of the outside. You can see them on there new website hre wheels.com. .
HREWHEELS.COM....that's their old website.

Can you post a link of what you're talking about?

Thanks,
Old 11-11-02, 10:48 PM
Wheel Experts

the 840R series is what they are referring to..check my SEMA pics thread for pics

pricing is HIGHER than 540Rs.
Old 11-11-02, 11:11 PM
jeffandi
Driver

pricing is HIGHER than 540Rs.
OUCH!! :eek: :eek: