Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

go with wheel flip or wheel design

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-12, 05:53 PM
Dawa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I know someone who is having his work vskfs turned into 3 piece. for those that don't know, work vskfs look 2/3 piece but are actually welded after assembly. vrwheels cut the weld, added additional holes to the wheel face, and did some other work to make the wheels a true 3 piece.
Old 06-10-12, 05:55 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welded all together? Lips and barrels yes, face no.
They just took of the face off and cut where the weld is? Not sure wasn't there, but it cost me $30 a wheel to cut I believe.
Old 06-11-12, 04:20 AM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish i knew about wheel Flip before I sent my wheels out, I was gonna post on here, but im not the guy that likes to mess peoples Reps up, but I had some Wheels get redone, and they sent me back my Rims with out Valve Stems, like the completely Welded it shut, I emailed them and called them, never herd back from them.
Old 06-11-12, 11:36 AM
SonicMotor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WheelFlip is the one place I take my wheels to. The staff is very knowledgeable as this was their hobby before the company even started. They all know expensive wheels, and do their best to take care of them.
Old 06-30-12, 03:44 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 182 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by eyecon7
I wish i knew about wheel Flip before I sent my wheels out, I was gonna post on here, but im not the guy that likes to mess peoples Reps up, but I had some Wheels get redone, and they sent me back my Rims with out Valve Stems, like the completely Welded it shut, I emailed them and called them, never herd back from them.
Wheel flip is great~ They do good job but really expensive and will take some time. I had mine done there and it's great. But like you, when I got home, I noticed valve stem caps were missing... Called them.. nothing so I just bought new ones... And noticed when they unbolted my face to powder coat, I think they hit my lip with their wrench accidentally... My face have 45 holes and now I have minor nicks on my lips!!! I think when they were taking my face out, they weren't careful when they unbolted 45 rivets... Now I have small 45 nicks on my lip and they didn't say anything. It's not that noticeable but I can see clearly when I look at it from close range. Who knows? Maybe they really didn't know they damaged my lips... lol. They are super busy so I can understand that. But their power coating finish it awesome!!! When you go wheelflip and pick your wheels up, take ur time and see everything is there and nothing is damaged. I guess because they are really busy, they forgot on minor things. Would I go back for another wheel? Heck yea I will~ They do good job! Just don't forget to examine your wheels carefully when you get it back~

Last edited by 08sgmis350; 06-30-12 at 03:47 PM.