Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

BBK Choices

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-12, 07:20 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts
Default BBK Choices

What do you guys think about Big Brake Kits? I'm looking for a kit mainly (almost fully ) for looks. What are your thought on brand, build quality, customer service and replacement parts when it comes to making a selection. Can you guys give any advice? I'm considering Wilwood F/R at the moment. JDM is nice but $$$$.

thanks guys!
Old 05-25-12, 11:24 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Stoptechs front and rear...It is a awesome setup considering the affordable price of replacement parts and pad selection...You might want to consider this route..I got my setup off of Titanmotorsports who on occasion have sales...
Old 05-25-12, 12:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

willwood is not a bad choice overall

other brands i consider when it comes to bbk: ap racing, stoptech, brembo, alcon, endless, project u
Old 05-26-12, 08:14 AM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Ksport and they are a great looking set along with price and how well they work. In the first day I noticed a difference. They also have over 100 different colors to choose from. Hit up Jade from Ksport he a vendor on here, you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-14-12, 08:41 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been EXTREMELY pleased with my Jun setup and people love them at meets/events/shows and even regular people giving compliments. Stopping power is incredible, like dropping anchors and there is no such thing as fade with them (though I have not tracked the vehicle with the brakes). They do squeak like many BBKs especially when cold initially.

Overall very VERY happy with them and will always get a BBK from now on.

All the brands rominl stated are also on point.
Attached Thumbnails BBK Choices-img_8881.jpg  
Old 07-09-12, 02:02 PM
SoaringSC
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say JDM, do you specifically mean the Supra TT brake swap? Or Aristo brakes?

I can't speak for Brembo or Stoptech personally ( I have supra brakes on my car as we speak), but it truly seems like everyone who starts with anything other than those two, AND tracks or auto-x's end up upgrading to Brembo or Stoptech. I know you said you mainly want them for looks, but that's something to consider. Brembo's are supposed to be very light as well, they have aluminum calipers. I don't know much about the Stoptechs.

My Supra TT brake swap was VERY inexpensive (I thought so at least), In all I spent about $1500 buying all the parts.
Old 07-09-12, 02:13 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SoaringSC
When you say JDM, do you specifically mean the Supra TT brake swap? Or Aristo brakes?

I can't speak for Brembo or Stoptech personally ( I have supra brakes on my car as we speak), but it truly seems like everyone who starts with anything other than those two, AND tracks or auto-x's end up upgrading to Brembo or Stoptech. I know you said you mainly want them for looks, but that's something to consider. Brembo's are supposed to be very light as well, they have aluminum calipers. I don't know much about the Stoptechs.

My Supra TT brake swap was VERY inexpensive (I thought so at least), In all I spent about $1500 buying all the parts.
I meant JDM as in Project u, endless, etc....

I have a 3GS so the options are limited. Brembo and StopTech look great but cost too much for me right now. I might get Wilwood.

Thanks to all that have replied!!