Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Hankook v4 owners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-11, 05:53 PM
IslandStyl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hankook v4 owners out there?

Hi all,

I'm replacing Turanza LSVs and I've read the positive reviews for the Ventus V12s. Unfortunately, they don't come in my size 225/55/16.....only the v4s.

Anyone own the v4s? Good/bad/indifferent?

Any other tires I should consider? I live in the desert, so it's mostly dry weather driving.

Thanks in advance for helping a CL noob. I've owned my GS430 for 8 yrs and I can't believe it took me this long to find ClubLexus.

cheers
Old 12-01-11, 07:48 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by IslandStyl
Hi all,

I'm replacing Turanza LSVs and I've read the positive reviews for the Ventus V12s. Unfortunately, they don't come in my size 225/55/16.....only the v4s.

Anyone own the v4s? Good/bad/indifferent?

Any other tires I should consider? I live in the desert, so it's mostly dry weather driving.

Thanks in advance for helping a CL noob. I've owned my GS430 for 8 yrs and I can't believe it took me this long to find ClubLexus.

cheers
Just a fair warning, you are going from the highest rated touring tire to pretty much one of the least expensive tires... Chances are they will be fine when new, but you will not get the overall wear and traction of the Turanza's... As much as they shouldn't be, remember, many people who get what they feel is a good deal on something are going to be much less critical of it... The replacement tire for the Turanza LS series is the Turanza Serenity. It is an amazing tire and has more technology built into it than any other tire out there...

Welcome to the forums!

Last edited by mitsuguy; 12-01-11 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-02-11, 08:19 AM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of along the same lines as what mitsuguy was saying, you went into your tire search looking for the Ventus V12 which is a max performance summer tire now you are wondering about the Ventus V4 a ultra high performance all-season tire and currently you have a grand touring tire on the car? The first thing you need to do is determine what you want the tire to do best "steering response and cornering" or "quiet and comfortable" . If you like you current tire you need a touring tire if you want to upgrade the handling and steering response you should go the performance route.