Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

MRR Wheels!

Old 11-10-11, 06:37 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MRR Wheels!

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know how the quality of MRR wheels are? They are priced lower and was just wondering if anyone has them and can confirm their quality .. thanks!

Last edited by dorkacho; 11-10-11 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-10-11, 07:24 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know there are several threads on this already but as im sure everyone else will say you get what you pay for....mrr tsw etc. are all on the same level...decent but nothing special. you're better off saving some more and buying some used jdm wheels from the classified section. As far as quality in terms of durability and whatnot i havent heard any horror stories with them cracking or bending although im sure there have been instances of it happening as with every other wheel out there...
Old 11-10-11, 07:39 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I currently have mrr gt-1's. Hit some major pot holes around Houston and they are pretty solid. Had them for a year and a half, no problems ever. I recently upgraded to Work Rezax II's though Want my gt-1's? Haha
Old 11-10-11, 10:35 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by heyarms
I currently have mrr gt-1's. Hit some major pot holes around Houston and they are pretty solid. Had them for a year and a half, no problems ever. I recently upgraded to Work Rezax II's though Want my gt-1's? Haha
Hehe gt1 is nice but it doesn't have the finish that I like ...
Old 11-10-11, 04:13 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had HR2's on my IS for almost 5 years now and other than yellowing of the center cap logo, no issues whatsoever.
Old 11-11-11, 06:25 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I has MRR GT1 on my IS350 since 2005 and didn't have any problem event hit pot holes as well. Going to put it on my wife Accord and put new set of Work SC1 on my is350
Old 11-11-11, 06:45 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MashinA
i know there are several threads on this already but as im sure everyone else will say you get what you pay for....mrr tsw etc. are all on the same level...decent but nothing special. you're better off saving some more and buying some used jdm wheels from the classified section. As far as quality in terms of durability and whatnot i havent heard any horror stories with them cracking or bending although im sure there have been instances of it happening as with every other wheel out there...
I hate responses where some poorly informed person tells other poorly informed person about something they know little about. I don't mean to offend but you're just repeating what you hear.

The 2 brands you mentioned, TSW and MRR are one the the best quality wheels on the market. TSW and MRR have been around longer than many people on this site have been alive. I have had both, still have MRR on wifey's car and I can tell you they are better quality than most other wheels on the market. My wife has beat up the MRR's unmercilessly but they keep on trucking smoothly.
Many people believe that 5K wheels are better quality because they cost more and that is by far one of the silliest things I've heard.
You do get what you pay for though.
If you want the look that pops, lighter weight but higher maintenance wheels...by all means, spend 4K+ on wheels.
If you want decent looking wheels that will last many years of trouble free use, get something like MRR, TSW or Vossen.
If you want super cheap wheels that may crack, bubble and you don't care about it's look, there is that option too.

I have 3 piece forged on my car because I care about that look. No other reason. There is no advantage in performance since I don't track my car. I don't mind the extra maintence because I enjoy caring for my stuff. Sometimes it's a pain to have to spend money on re-sealing leaks or refurbishing the finish but it comes with the territory.
Old 11-11-11, 07:49 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^haha thats funny because i stated the same exact thing....that mrr and tsw are on the same level in terms of looks...they are a one piece wheel and compared to other more expensive wheels do not look as good. then i went on to say that i havent heard anything bad about them in terms of durability and that any wheel can crack under the right circumstances....
so before you hate a response put some effort into reading it....
Old 11-11-11, 01:24 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

I have to agreee, they don't look as good in person as I thought.
Old 11-11-11, 01:50 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Reggie for the shout out!!

We also offer this and stand behind it.

http://www.vossenwheels.com/Warranty/

Old 11-12-11, 04:48 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MashinA
^^haha thats funny because i stated the same exact thing....that mrr and tsw are on the same level in terms of looks...they are a one piece wheel and compared to other more expensive wheels do not look as good. then i went on to say that i havent heard anything bad about them in terms of durability and that any wheel can crack under the right circumstances....
so before you hate a response put some effort into reading it....
I know you didn't say those 2 brands were bad but you opened the door for someone else to chime in with the "they are crap" comment I've seen a jillion times. Those 2 you mentioned are actually high quality wheels and I just wanted to make that clear. I don't hate, I don't even know what that is...in the text being used by so many forum particiants these days.
Old 11-12-11, 04:59 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Thanks Reggie for the shout out!!
You're welcome but you do know I wasn't trying to specifically vouch for Vossen. I could do that but I'd want one of those paychecks you get.

Seriously, Vossen makes high quality stuff and I only said it to make a point. Just to even things out let me say that I would never buy a set. Too many people have them.
Old 11-26-11, 12:39 PM
champion
Driver School Candidate

Mrr is good for the price.
Old 05-15-13, 11:21 AM
AspecWheels
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ice350
I hate responses where some poorly informed person tells other poorly informed person about something they know little about. I don't mean to offend but you're just repeating what you hear.

The 2 brands you mentioned, TSW and MRR are one the the best quality wheels on the market. TSW and MRR have been around longer than many people on this site have been alive. I have had both, still have MRR on wifey's car and I can tell you they are better quality than most other wheels on the market. My wife has beat up the MRR's unmercilessly but they keep on trucking smoothly.
Many people believe that 5K wheels are better quality because they cost more and that is by far one of the silliest things I've heard.
You do get what you pay for though.
If you want the look that pops, lighter weight but higher maintenance wheels...by all means, spend 4K+ on wheels.
If you want decent looking wheels that will last many years of trouble free use, get something like MRR, TSW or Vossen.
If you want super cheap wheels that may crack, bubble and you don't care about it's look, there is that option too.

I have 3 piece forged on my car because I care about that look. No other reason. There is no advantage in performance since I don't track my car. I don't mind the extra maintence because I enjoy caring for my stuff. Sometimes it's a pain to have to spend money on re-sealing leaks or refurbishing the finish but it comes with the territory.
Gotta agree with ice, MRR is great quality, wheels are made in Taiwan, and yes there is a difference from Taiwan and china factories, any wheel manufacturer will i tell you this, great quality with a great price !
Old 08-12-13, 11:14 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Vossen need to make some 19x9 to get my business lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MRR Wheels!