Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Thanks HRE (Bob Hale)!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-02, 08:56 PM
Spartan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks HRE (Bob Hale)!!!

Well....
As some of you know I had some kind of slow leak in my RF HRE 547 wheel and I took it to the tire shop thinking the problem was the tire. They did not find a problem with the S0-3 tire, but in the process of dismounting and mounting the wheel they scratched the polished finish. Basically they made things worse and did not offer any further help.
Bob from HRE came to the rescue. He told me to send him the wheel at my cost and then he found that the seel was faulty along with some of the bolts. Don't know where this happened (at HRE or when the tires were mounted). Well HRE fixed my wheel and repolished the scratches all free of charge and shipped me my wheel back. It took a little time but the service from HRE where awsome!!! (Bob you are one tough guy to get a hold of). HRE I really appreciate all your help. The wheel is not mounted and the car is back to normal.
Thank You.
MIKE
p.s. you get what you pay for. HRE = Quality
Old 10-04-02, 02:26 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I call customer service!!!
Old 10-04-02, 02:41 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, guys... Mike, sorry it took so long- it's difficult for me to micro-manage this type of thing. I turned it over partially to John Wallace, our VP of Sales. I'm out of the office intermittently measuring cars, doing SEMA stuff, etc.

Mike, the silicone seal was indeed punctured- the guys at the local Discount Tire & I aired the tire up and dunked it in the water tank. There were small air bubbles coming from near one of the assembly bolts: this indicated that the seal was puntured.

Once the tire was dismounted (I supervised this), we discovered that the silicone seal had indeed been breached during mounting of the tire- perhaps this happened due to an errant slip of the tire iron.

Once back at the shop, our assembler Andre disassembled the wheel, and removed all of the old silicone while Jorge was repolishing the outer rim and center. Andre then reassembled & hand torqued the wheel, followed by a check for radial & lateral runout and final finish QC.

Anyway, glad to hear you're back "in style!"

Regards,
Bob Hale
Project Manager
HRE Performance Wheels
bobh@hrewheels.com

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 10-04-02 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-04-02, 03:35 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like it went real well for you Mike.

Bob, very cool man, very cool. Sounds like you can't go wrong with HRE wheels.

Overclocker