Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

An update on Top Tires from Brandon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 08:05 AM
billbillw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An update on Top Tires from Brandon?

I came here looking for recommendations. Of course, I saw the stickys and the 'Top X Tires' in both UHP A/S and MP/EP summer. However, I also noticed that those threads were last updated more than 3 years ago. Some of the recommended tires have been discontinued or replaced by newer versions. I know there have also been other newly designed tires that should be considered.

So, hey Brandon, how about updating those threads when you get a chance? I'd like to see how you think the Conti DW and DWS fit into the fray as well as the Hankook V12, the new Eagle GT, the newer Yokos, the newer Pirellis, etc. Does that Bridgestone 960 still hold up as the best UHP A/S? I also can't believe that the Potenza RE050 is still the best summer tire. I had a pair and although the steering feel was excellent, they were unimpressive in other areas.
Old 05-06-11, 10:42 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by billbillw
I came here looking for recommendations. Of course, I saw the stickys and the 'Top X Tires' in both UHP A/S and MP/EP summer. However, I also noticed that those threads were last updated more than 3 years ago. Some of the recommended tires have been discontinued or replaced by newer versions. I know there have also been other newly designed tires that should be considered.

So, hey Brandon, how about updating those threads when you get a chance? I'd like to see how you think the Conti DW and DWS fit into the fray as well as the Hankook V12, the new Eagle GT, the newer Yokos, the newer Pirellis, etc. Does that Bridgestone 960 still hold up as the best UHP A/S? I also can't believe that the Potenza RE050 is still the best summer tire. I had a pair and although the steering feel was excellent, they were unimpressive in other areas.
+1

Most of the updates are 5 years old or older. It would be great to have the information updated outside of the site.
Old 05-10-11, 02:23 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Just spoke with Brandon, he's participating in Tire Rack's round of testing on a bunch of newly released tires and will update these afterwards!