Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Pic of my Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-02, 05:31 PM
Ricky777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks GS4will,

Did you take a picture with the 18's and stock susp.??

This is the thing; I want to get 18's but I don’t want to lower it (for now). What I want to do is change the looks with a bigger rim without sacrificing the ride.
Old 08-26-02, 05:45 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry ricky, i did not take pics....you CAN go 18s without lowering for now...it does not look that BAD...passable..but when you do decide, that is another story..get the right spring and shock combo(make sure you do the shocks too if $$ allows)..i kind of went thru similar situation too...with either HR or eibach springs and L-tunrd(KYB shocks)..the ride is not that much stiffer...you are NOT sacrificing ride quality at all..

if you are not ready, 18s with NO lowerining is still ok....
Old 08-26-02, 05:55 PM
Ricky777
Driver School Candidate

Thanks again.

now the question is... how wide can I go on the front and how wide in the back?

I know is a matter of taste but which one do you prefer; all same or rear wider?

Also what do you think about these rims...
Attached Images  
Old 08-26-02, 06:03 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Ricky,

you and i have similar taste in wheels..i like those dish wheels too..they give lexus that JDM VIP/Yakusa look...
who makes that one? later on in time i plan to get the work euroline DH....rayswheels and many other jdm wheel maker offer them for lexus

size:18x8.5+9.5....

or 18x9+10...either one would work...9+10 is bit more aggressive, get the right offsets and you will not have rubbing problemm..

when i started studing this whole jdm wheel thing, i thought of just getting 8.5 f+r for ease of rotation, then my first set was 18x9+10...it was no going back....must get stagger for me....

any ?s, let me know, or PM me...
Old 08-26-02, 06:39 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

what is wrong with the drop that would require the tanabes to be sold? will, you said practical purposes? can you please explain.
Old 08-26-02, 07:49 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

bravo,

the tanabes are excellent jdm springs..just that the front is a bit lower for lexus gs3's taste....it gives you that "coiledover look"...anyone who is looking for spring and want that almost no gap look, this is an excellent spring...

take a look at his ad in the GS section, it will tell you more...
Old 08-27-02, 03:10 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Ricky777... A long time ago i put on some knock off 18's wheels from Discount Tires in El monte. This guy is trying to sell these wheels to me saying they are real work wheels from japan.. I put it on wiht stock suspension.. Ride looks awefull for my taste. Basically putting 18's on stock suspension will give you more than 3 finger gap. and the front will tilt up. Thats my experience and maybe only those wheels are like that. My 2cent for u is wait and save enough money, if money not an issue. I will wait till you're read, and do Wheels and suspension all together.

Bravo261.. reason i'm selling my tanabe springs is because whenever my folk comes visit me (every three months).. They use my car, and you know old people (my parents in particular)dont like the racing look and they are not as good driver while driving a car that is only 2- 3 inches above the ground. If i would keep my suspension, i'm sure they will ***** up my rims and scrape all over. I really love the tanabe springs drop. But i just cant have a peace of mind whenever my folk driving my car. So i'm going with HR springs.

GS4will. HEy man thanks for answering question for me. Today i got my spring swapped out and i also got rid of the tanabe springs. I'm so glad you called me last nite and making sure i dont get the Ltuned springs. Now my car has roughly 2 finger gap with H&R. which i think is perfect. Hopefully in the future as the springs and shock settles it will drop my car a little bit more..

To all you guys.. Thanks for all the compliments
Old 08-27-02, 03:21 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

T,

great to hear that everything worked out..i knew exactly what you were looking for, so i based my advice on the fact that i have seen almost every major available springs here in the US for the GS, and recommended you HR...just remember, many shops out there are simply trying to sell you anything they stock....

for ricky, he is just not ready(not the $ thing) for lowering the car yet... ..anyway he and i are looking at similar style wheels

hope to see your car soon on the "new drop"....
Old 08-27-02, 07:14 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

great replies, guys!
Old 08-27-02, 09:04 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats PERFECT!! absolutly perfect lowering, and the wheels just look RIGHT on that car! i rmember about 3-4 month ago i REALLY wanted hte euroline FS wheel.. and it looks amazing on the car!! u should be really happy with what u got man... cause to me with wheels sometimes it just all comes together and it did for you
Old 08-27-02, 12:52 PM
Ricky777
Driver School Candidate

This is the thing for me, I been driving lowered cars for 10 years (all *** imports). For now I am enjoying the Lexus ride so much that I am not considering lowering my ride yet.

Then again, once I see my car with the rims and the body kit I will then determine if I have to lower the car to get the perfect look.

About the rims, 18 or 19 at the most (personal preference).

Building up your car is a project… enjoy every step of the way.

BTW this is the kit I am considering...
Attached Thumbnails Pic of my Ride-lexus-kit.jpg  
Old 08-27-02, 02:22 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

T,

i am sure you can relate to what ricky said..
Old 08-27-02, 03:15 PM
Ricky777
Driver School Candidate

gs4will

Which rims are these??
Attached Thumbnails Pic of my Ride-7496mycaronautocouturescopy-med.jpg  
Old 08-27-02, 03:24 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Auto-Couture Magnifique...

19/20 3 pc
18, 2 pc...

i liked that wheel when a while back until i saw a benz S with Brabus wheel that is very similar...then i kind of took a step back..

the lip is decent, though not quite as much as the works
Old 08-27-02, 08:09 PM
Ricky777
Driver School Candidate

Default ???

the lip is decent, though not quite as much as the works
What do you mean by that??
they make 19 X 7.5 up to 11
and 18 X 7.5 up to 10

Quick Reply: Pic of my Ride