ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/wheels-tires-and-brakes-forum-76/)
-   -   Question about Nexen, Nankang etc..... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/wheels-tires-and-brakes-forum/550757-question-about-nexen-nankang-etc.html)

Rob Daddy 02-02-11 06:32 PM

Question about Nexen, Nankang etc.....

Lately i have seen a lot of people using these tires. Especially on high dollar wheels. What is the ride quality on these tires? Or is it just cheap tires that stretch?

t70 supra 02-02-11 08:53 PM

i just put my nanking on yesterday i havent had time to driveon them with the blizzard that just hit wi. ill let u know how they ride i only paid 93 for a 285/30/18

Infamous 1 02-03-11 07:05 AM

Surprisingly i have pretty good reviews about a lot of these cheap brand tires. Also i think a lot of ppl run them bc they are so cheap to replace.

Vroomin350 02-03-11 08:14 AM

general UHP's riding very quiet and great wet grip str8 up

BLK13X 02-04-11 05:20 PM

I've had Nankang NS-II on an old set of wheels and I couldn't fault them. They were better than the previous Falkens I had (albeit being the ZIEX line), nearly on par with my Yokohamas and Kumhos. they're one of the better cheaper tyres out there.

neojungle1 02-04-11 07:21 PM

i also agree on the nankang ive a set and there by far best good deal in there price range i have a friend that work in a tire center that thosnt carry this brand and his even rocking this on his vw with no problem even during this blizzard we had during the last weeks up here in the north east they ride quiet and grip pretty good

mitsuguy 02-05-11 03:10 AM

if you want something black and round (sometimes!) that holds air, they are all perfectly fine tires...

if you want something with excellent grip, better ride quality, quieter, etc. then you need to spend more money on a better tire...

there truly is more technology that goes into the higher end tires, and almost every cheap tire everyone here praises I have driven, and then back to back with a good tire, and there's no comparison, the cheap tires only "win" because they are cheap - they don't do anything better than the more expensive better options out there...

t70 supra 02-05-11 05:26 PM

ok i drove on my nankings today for 35mi all i can say is wow i coiuldent hear the noise of the tire due to my exhuast but on dry ground the brake and grip very well a great bang for buck summer tire but in snow not as well but thats to be expected is a summer performance tire

Durrby 02-05-11 06:31 PM

Another cheap brand out there that I just started using is Achilles with their ATR Sport. Recommended by a fellow SC driver on here with a wheel/tire shop. I'm around 400 miles in and so far so good. No noise, great dry grip but no experience in the rain yet. I was able to get (2) 235/30/20 and (2) 275/30/20 mounted and balanced for $550. But if your looking for a tire to stretch don't use these. They tend to run wide. Where as with my Falken fk452's in the same size I had a little stretched look going.

GS4_Fiend 02-13-11 11:31 AM

Cant judge a tire until you have rotated your times. Which is about 5k-10k miles.