Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I feel bad for those who

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-02, 05:39 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I feel bad for those who

have the real deal LD1's. I had some cack smoker cut off me off today in a white -insert ghetto term- "caddy truck" so I catch him at the light and I think I seen something called a Diablo? A 20-22" chrome LD1 look a like. For all those that spent good cash on quality wheels, I truly feel bad for you. Not just the LD1's but for all those who knock off your wheels.

Wouldn't it be nice to carry a knife in the car and just slash the tires of the guy who bought the knock off's of your wheel.
Attached Thumbnails I feel bad for those who-spdraco.jpg  
Old 07-11-02, 05:42 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

$2499 for tires and wheels, chrome 20", now I know why I see these often.
Attached Thumbnails I feel bad for those who-diablovienna2.jpg  
Old 07-11-02, 05:43 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

And the real deal for $5500.

Are the LD1's forged?
Attached Thumbnails I feel bad for those who-lowenhartld1.jpg  
Old 07-11-02, 07:27 AM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I fell in love with the LD1s. But then I started seeing them everywhere here in Atlanta. There is nothing like seeing knockoff LD1s on a MB S500:eek: .
Old 07-11-02, 07:33 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Man, thats tough, that is a real pimp car to. Hell just buy the AMG wheels from the dealer.
Old 07-11-02, 01:10 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you got a little road rage building up inside. lets get real, 5000 on a set of wheels? you gotta be pretty well off to go and burn that kind of hole in your wallet. even if i had that kinda cash i dont know that i could justify that purchase. i spent 3400 on wheels and tires and it took me over a month to finally drop that kind of coin. i agree, knock offs suck...but pushing 6g for a set of wheels...? *****, im starting to like knock offs

Last edited by mr who; 07-11-02 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-11-02, 02:03 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

"sounds like you got a little road rage building up inside"

I love road rage, the more the better.

Well for 5-6k anyway I think I may look at HRE's then LD1's for that range, I don't think the LD1's are forged(Are they?) but they are nice.

And $3400 isn't bad at all, cannot really put a price on quality, you can get some nice 18-19 JDM wheels with tires for $3400ish

Last edited by jpa2400; 07-11-02 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-11-02, 02:03 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

sounds like you got a little road rage building up inside. lets get real, 5000 on a set of wheels? you gotta be pretty well off to go and burn that kind of hole in your wallet. even if i had that kinda cash i dont know that i could justify that purchase. i spent 3400 on wheels and tires and it took me over a month to finally drop that kind of coin. i agree, knock offs suck...but pushing 6g for a set of wheels...? *****, im starting to like knock offs
i read a post a long time ago posted by SICKLEX, i believe -- he owned a set of diablo wheels (or were they katanas? doesn't matter, you get the idea) before purchasing quality rims. the chrome finish was flaking off. i'd expect a cheaper rim to be more susceptible to pothole damage, but not that...

and no, the LD-1's are not forged.

Last edited by pvmike1; 07-11-02 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-11-02, 03:06 PM
LexFather

Damn straight dude, before the Wheel Lords informed me, I knew jack ***** about wheels. THough I always said I was getting some good ***** in December (for my bday) I wanted chrome quick. Bought the Diablo racing C-5 knock-off with tires for like $1500.

POS wheels, a fake bolt popped off, the chrome was chipping, bent 2 wheels (bought 2 more for 6 total). Dynamic Wheels and Tires is a pOS company to deal with, SOBs.....

Knock-offs are for BIATCHES.. It's like wearing a fake Prada purse, fake Nike sneakers, a fake Rolex. Thank goodness, I am now one of the few and the proud, real rims.

Your Lexus belongs on Air Jordan's not Pro-Wings!!!
Old 07-11-02, 03:15 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

"Your Lexus belongs on Air Jordan's not Pro-Wings!!!"

ROFL!! Kid down the street from me had less then I did growing up, poor kid had a red pair and green pair of Pro-Wings. Use to bag on him at the courts about having Christmas shoes.

Yes much like you I bought them on accident(knock off's), glad I came on here. I learned a lot, and not just about wheels about the quality of my car all the way to what components make it ride and run better.
Old 07-11-02, 03:45 PM
LexFather

And that is what it is all about, learning. I do not knock people who can only afford pro-wings, don't get me wrong. But for those that know better, "DO THE RIGHT THING"...

Funny, the other day I was riding with my boy downtown Atlanta (I am usually driving) and I was noticing all the fake rims on EXPENSIVE CARS! Crazy.

The people I know with these Caddy's and Navigators and Bez's with the fake rims, the ride really SUCKS, as the wheels are usually bent.

But hey, to each his own.
Old 07-11-02, 04:11 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Well yeah, nothing wrong with those who cannot afford over the top things, some people see no need and some are working hard to attain them.

Ever been to Detroit? I wondering if it is as bad in Atlanta with the fake 22" chromies
Old 07-11-02, 04:16 PM
LexFather

Atlanta is pretty horrible. NOPI is based here too, so everyone has a huge muffler and intake with stickers.

There are quite a few people here that do, DO IT RIGHT. The cars look wonderful. I hope to join them someday.
Old 07-11-02, 04:25 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

It is very rare up here to see any car(Lexus, BMW, MB etc) done right. Lot's of ricers down where I grew up. I laugh when people on here cap on the mismatched bodykits, I cannot even count how many I seen. White SUV's with chrome 20"+ are a dime a dozen. Maybe an Acura with SSR's or something on a good day.

Many dealer add on's like AMG wheels and kits, lots of fixed up cars south of Detroit but again not to many done right. You always have the crazy ****'s from my old neighborhood with the Monte Carlo’s with gold spokes or fat chrome wheel sticking out. The low rider ford rangers with 351 engines and 14x7.5” wheels (yeah can burn the whole tire off in 23 seconds). Kind of fun around here sometimes.
Old 07-11-02, 04:34 PM
LexFather

White SUV's with chrome 20"+ are a dime a dozen
Same here. I cannot figure out why you would want something everyone else has. They all LOOK THE SAME.

But a lot of people don't know I guess. The dumb thing here is buying ANY CAR and putting on 20" rims where it is sitting like a SUV and slapping a T.V. in it. Horrible. I saw a 1982 Camero with 20's looked ignorant.

Mahn, when I do see a car done right, it STANDS OUT like a diamond, without anything flashy. Money I guess does not bring people taste, lol.

Quick Reply: I feel bad for those who