Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Rare discontinued rims missing studs? Found customized studs

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-10, 11:18 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare discontinued rims missing studs? Found customized studs

The shop that repaired my rims last warped my studs to the point where they are completely useless after the next take off. The rims I own are discontinued and the company is now defunct. Original replacement parts are virtually impossible to source. Each original stud on my rims are casted with the word "ZAUBER" around the outter edge.

So heres the deal: I've contracted a company that can engrave whatever name, logo, etc around each stud. They will let me over see production basically I will be quality control. They will machine each stud to predetermined length, engrave whatever logo I decide to choose on the top, and then heat treat, nickle plate, black oxide etc what ever coating I decide to do. It will not be Original because mine were casted (think of 3d texture word) where as this small company will engrave the logo (sunken in wording). This company is legit the owner showed me schematics of parts they use to make for Mario Andretti when he was racing in the circuits.

Obviously this is high cost low output operation...Once I get numbered worked with owner and first production run (my set) I will post updates.

*This company also designs and makes BBKs for Indy and F1 cars. Stay tuned for something special
Old 03-30-10, 07:29 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, is it Houston Based?
Old 03-31-10, 12:13 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice... I have a set of Zauber Gettins and this is nice to know.