Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Looking to do a sale.. what do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-02, 05:04 PM
hubbard316
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

What about a sale on the spinning rims?
Old 04-22-02, 05:38 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Default HRE 441's in 18"

Hey Dennis, can you give me a quote on those 441's in 18". IF not here you can reach me at agflex@hotmail.com.....BTW, lsportslines' would also be a good consideration for a sale
Old 04-22-02, 05:47 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A suggestion

Dennis – I’ve been looking for a couple of months now and am pretty close to pulling the trigger. I never realized how many different rims were available – it wobbles the mind. I basically agree with manaray in that most folks have some sort of price range in mind. By now, we all recognize HRE as a high quality wheel but I’m not gonna spend 4k or more for wheels. I thought that your pricing was aggressive on your previous sale and if I had been looking for HRE’s, we would have done a deal.

Seems to me that if the sale is for a specific brand, you could pick any good wheel and probably still only get a few takers.

I’d suggest that you list a group of wheels that can be had for 2-2.5k, 2.5-3, 3-3.5 or 2-3k, 3-4, 4-5, etc. Maybe you carry 4 or 5 wheels of different brands that fit into one of those price ranges. You probably already know what is available to you that you can sell for one of those price groupings and still make an acceptable profit. I suspect that the markup for different brands can vary and some allow you more maneuvering room than others. And if shipping is not included in the price - make an estimated amount available. My .35 cents worth.

For what it’s worth, I’ll be sure to give you an opportunity for my business as soon as I finalize my decision on the style that I want.
Old 04-22-02, 09:23 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: A suggestion

Excellent points, very good post...

I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.

Originally posted by garnet92
Dennis – I’ve been looking for a couple of months now and am pretty close to pulling the trigger. I never realized how many different rims were available – it wobbles the mind. I basically agree with manaray in that most folks have some sort of price range in mind. By now, we all recognize HRE as a high quality wheel but I’m not gonna spend 4k or more for wheels. I thought that your pricing was aggressive on your previous sale and if I had been looking for HRE’s, we would have done a deal.

Seems to me that if the sale is for a specific brand, you could pick any good wheel and probably still only get a few takers.

I’d suggest that you list a group of wheels that can be had for 2-2.5k, 2.5-3, 3-3.5 or 2-3k, 3-4, 4-5, etc. Maybe you carry 4 or 5 wheels of different brands that fit into one of those price ranges. You probably already know what is available to you that you can sell for one of those price groupings and still make an acceptable profit. I suspect that the markup for different brands can vary and some allow you more maneuvering room than others. And if shipping is not included in the price - make an estimated amount available. My .35 cents worth.

For what it’s worth, I’ll be sure to give you an opportunity for my business as soon as I finalize my decision on the style that I want.
Old 04-23-02, 12:07 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< I’d suggest that you list a group of wheels that can be had for 2-2.5k, 2.5-3, 3-3.5 or 2-3k, 3-4, 4-5, etc. >>

Dennis,

I second this suggestion. In good part I'm looking for a set of rims to make my car unique. Participating in a "highly successful" group buy where dozens of others have the the same rim defeats the purpose. I realize as a group we are geographically diverse, but with my luck every other GS in the Bay Area will drive by on my rims.

Like a few others I'm in the market and waiting for a great deal to slap me upside the head. I'm also looking in the $2-2.5K range and trying to reserve some fundage for a quality coilover drop. [I like to imagine driving fast while stuck in traffic.]

Any chance getting the Fikse FM/10 in staggered 18" anywhere near $2.5K?
Old 04-23-02, 01:44 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by redgs4
<< I’d suggest that you list a group of wheels that can be had for 2-2.5k, 2.5-3, 3-3.5 or 2-3k, 3-4, 4-5, etc. >>

Dennis,

I second this suggestion. In good part I'm looking for a set of rims to make my car unique. Participating in a "highly successful" group buy where dozens of others have the the same rim defeats the purpose. I realize as a group we are geographically diverse, but with my luck every other GS in the Bay Area will drive by on my rims.

Like a few others I'm in the market and waiting for a great deal to slap me upside the head. I'm also looking in the $2-2.5K range and trying to reserve some fundage for a quality coilover drop. [I like to imagine driving fast while stuck in traffic.]

Any chance getting the Fikse FM/10 in staggered 18" anywhere near $2.5K?
Request noted.

Actually, if you bumped your price up 800 we may be talking. I'd love to see a set of Fikses on a Lexus. Maybe to racey, but gorgeous wheels and incredible quality. Very under appreciated in the Lexus community, in my opinion.
Old 04-23-02, 08:02 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Very under appreciated in the Lexus community, in my opinion
I'm not sure if Fikses are under appreciated. I think most people don't really know about them. They are not advertised and applied to cars like Lowenhart wheels for example. The people who really know about wheel quality know about Fikse. Also, I think most people on this board are looking to do 20's on their car and Fikses only go up to 18's or 19's. Regardless, you are right, Fikses are gorgeous and very high quality wheels.
Old 04-23-02, 01:14 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Wheel Kinetics

I'd love to see a set of Fikses on a Lexus.
I'd love to see a set of Fikses on MY lexus. Back in August I had contacted Fikse directly and worked with a gent named Jeff. The numbers at the time looked about $3.7K for the staggered 18" with race satin centers.

At the time Fikse could not do 19" in the proper offset and my understanding was the center size remains the same at 18" or 19" anyway.

I have a call in on a set of 18" Volk LE37K in the gunmetal/polished finish. If they are in stock it was -meant to be- and I'll likely get them. I'm a bit apprehensive about the look, could be a little too much boy racer.
Old 04-23-02, 01:31 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

You know what I think, I think Dennis should give everyone on clublexus a free set of HRE's =]
Old 04-23-02, 02:04 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by redgs4
I have a call in on a set of 18" Volk LE37K in the gunmetal/polished finish. If they are in stock it was -meant to be- and I'll likely get them. I'm a bit apprehensive about the look, could be a little too much boy racer.
I have a set of 18x8.5/9.5 LE37Ks arriving this Friday.

But no one ever calls me...
Old 04-23-02, 02:07 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by futuregs
You know what I think, I think Dennis should give everyone on clublexus a free set of HRE's =]
How about if everyone gives me their Lexus, I'll send them a set of wheels? Works out for both.
Old 04-23-02, 03:20 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wheel Kinetics, HRE will still be the best idea to do a sell and I still want to buy a set from you......it just too much....... I already think to spend $4000 for a set of rims(no tires) is kind of too much........$5K for HRE..........WOW........Just too much.......... I know HRE is the best wheel in the market that's why it is so pricey. If you can really help us out here with an affordable price(Doesn't have to be reasonable), I'll be really appreciated. I really want to own a set of HRE just like so many people out there. Thanks so much~~~~~

My LS(Before Accident):www.sounddomain.com/id/kenjitsou
Old 04-24-02, 12:05 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by kenjitsou
Wheel Kinetics, HRE will still be the best idea to do a sell and I still want to buy a set from you......it just too much....... I already think to spend $4000 for a set of rims(no tires) is kind of too much........$5K for HRE..........WOW........Just too much.......... I know HRE is the best wheel in the market that's why it is so pricey. If you can really help us out here with an affordable price(Doesn't have to be reasonable), I'll be really appreciated. I really want to own a set of HRE just like so many people out there. Thanks so much~~~~~[/url]
There really isn't much mark up in these wheels guys. I was screamed at by HRE for the last sale, so I'm not too keen on doing it again-- the lack of enthuaism combined with HRE's disapproval doesn't make me want to do that again.

I can't make a 5K wheel 2K. I wish I could, I'd have a 1K HP Ferrari.
Old 04-24-02, 04:56 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fikse - The problem with Fikse is their sizing. We want 20" and 19" REVERSE LIP. That's the bottom line. If Fikse isn't going to make those, they're not going to have Lexus customers...it's that simple!

Also, you guys MIGHT want to see a Fikse wheel up close...the hidden hardware isn't everyone's cup of tea...they do make good quality wheels though...

Dennis, I think this thread just complicated things!
Old 04-24-02, 10:09 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by manaray
Fikse - The problem with Fikse is their sizing. We want 20" and 19" REVERSE LIP. That's the bottom line. If Fikse isn't going to make those, they're not going to have Lexus customers...it's that simple!
Contrary to popular belief, a lot of people like that look... Thus Fikse's staying in business.

Quick Reply: Looking to do a sale.. what do you want to see?