Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

RBWHEELS.com =Avoid Buying from them

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-09, 01:39 AM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RBWHEELS.com =Avoid Buying from them

Hey guys, Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I bought a set of 20" Work Wheels from them. The set look clean, so I ended up purchasing from them after i saw them on there site.

1 month later, I mounted some tires that i bought from CL. I drove off, with them mounted and happy. 4 hrs later, I parked my car to go to work, iw ent outside to check it and the front passenger tire was flat. I went to a gas station, pumped it with air, and drove home, thinking...maybe the seal around the tire was no good or just needed some air. I woke up 5 hrs later, the tire was flat again, and the other 3 tires were running a bit low. So i went to the gas station again, filled them all with air, drove to the place that mounted the tires.

Turns out, the inner seal of the rim that attaches the 3 peice wheel together, was leaking BAD. All 3 rims where leaking air from the back of the wheels everywhere ! The shop that mounted them told me that RB wheels/RB motoring was notorious for reassembling wheels using Homedepot Silicone/bathroom sealant to seal all there wheels. They were not using the proper seals just "micky mousing" it together. Turns out i have to fork over another $30.00 each wheel to have them resealed properly and mounted and balanced. I tried calling RB motoring/wheels for 2 days with no pick up or anything, So I just bit the bullet and had them resealed properly.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if your buying multi piece rims from them.

take care

chris
Old 05-14-09, 05:01 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am not sure are you talking about the tire to the rim bead lip seal ?
Or
The rim itself where the 2 peices meet are leaking?
What width rims and size tires?
Old 05-14-09, 05:17 AM
vipnewb
Rookie

Sorry to hear about your problem with RB Motoring.
About a year back....I bought a set of Work wheels from RB Motoring. They said that the wheels were straight, free from bends. However, when I received my wheels....I noticed 1 wheel had a bend on the inner lip of the wheel. It turns out that 2 out of the 4 wheels needed to get aligned at a wheel repair shop.
CL members....be careful when buying wheels from this place.
Old 05-14-09, 09:57 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up
Old 05-14-09, 01:03 PM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by skperformance
I am not sure are you talking about the tire to the rim bead lip seal ?
Or
The rim itself where the 2 peices meet are leaking?
What width rims and size tires?
Hey SK, im talking about the actual Rim itself. Where the 2 halves meet together. RB uses some kind of crappy sealant that will eventually leak. So be careful when you purchase from them if you do, espically out of state people.

I bought a set Work wheels size 20x8.5 +31 offset with 225/35/20 tires.
Old 05-14-09, 02:02 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

I thought I was the only one that got taken. Also bought some works and it was so pitted, I had to send them out to get re-finished and sealed. Ended up paying the same for a brand new set.

Stay away like the swine flu!
Old 05-14-09, 02:20 PM
LexFather

Support our forum sponsors!
Old 05-14-09, 03:22 PM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItsChris
Hey guys, Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I bought a set of 20" Work Wheels from them. The set look clean, so I ended up purchasing from them after i saw them on there site.

1 month later, I mounted some tires that i bought from CL. I drove off, with them mounted and happy. 4 hrs later, I parked my car to go to work, iw ent outside to check it and the front passenger tire was flat. I went to a gas station, pumped it with air, and drove home, thinking...maybe the seal around the tire was no good or just needed some air. I woke up 5 hrs later, the tire was flat again, and the other 3 tires were running a bit low. So i went to the gas station again, filled them all with air, drove to the place that mounted the tires.

Turns out, the inner seal of the rim that attaches the 3 peice wheel together, was leaking BAD. All 3 rims where leaking air from the back of the wheels everywhere ! The shop that mounted them told me that RB wheels/RB motoring was notorious for reassembling wheels using Homedepot Silicone/bathroom sealant to seal all there wheels. They were not using the proper seals just "micky mousing" it together. Turns out i have to fork over another $30.00 each wheel to have them resealed properly and mounted and balanced. I tried calling RB motoring/wheels for 2 days with no pick up or anything, So I just bit the bullet and had them resealed properly.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if your buying multi piece rims from them.

take care

chris
Did you attempt to take this issue with RB Motoring after that?...May be you should go back to the shop and confront them with the issue and had them reimburst you for all the trouble that you've gone thru..So, this way they can fix their F**** up...
Old 05-14-09, 09:29 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

It sounds like it is pretty consistant with RB and imperfect wheels. I met someone tonight who bought a set and had the same issue with damaged wheels that were described as being perfect.

They should be atleast testing it with a tire when they receive them to atleast maintain some quality and customer service. By not doing that they have opened up a huge gap for poor service with used rims.
They should be refininishing all the rims with both prices of tested/fixed and as is as an option.
I will say they are used so you kind of have to expect issues and that they need to be refinished.
Old 05-15-09, 01:54 AM
ItsChris
Lead Lap

well guys, worst case scenario has happened, i tried calling RB but no one was picking up the phone.

My wheel guy told me that i need a Brand new Front tire because the rim ate into the sidewall, chewing it up, and I only drove about 50 miles ! They were Brand new BF Goodrich KDW's ! So I just ended up buying another pair of brand new falkens to replace the KDW's.

I'm sure If i got ahold of RB they would just ignore me, or would say" sold as is"..this is BS, avoid these guys !

It seems like I wasn't the only one who got screwed by these guys,.
Old 05-15-09, 04:59 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

One should keep in mind you are buying used products.
To the person who had them install the tires and drove away to destory a tire for the rim leaking. If they installed the tires on the rims and put them on your car they should have checked for leaks before install and should be held accountable as who ever installs the tires is at fault for not checking as they know they are used and it is only soap and water to check for leaks to be sprayed.
Old 05-15-09, 08:15 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skperformance
One should keep in mind you are buying used products.
To the person who had them install the tires and drove away to destory a tire for the rim leaking. If they installed the tires on the rims and put them on your car they should have checked for leaks before install and should be held accountable as who ever installs the tires is at fault for not checking as they know they are used and it is only soap and water to check for leaks to be sprayed.
I think when the wheels are described as being in "perfect" shape as these gentlemen state, its expected--used or not--to at the very least function as it should (i.e. seal to the tire). I do agree the tire install shop should definitely eat the cost of the tires. They sold you an improper mount, never verified. Do they have any satisfaction guarantees? Not that it helps at this point...

To the OP--thanks for the heads up. I would have like to see you stick this to the company though vs. enabling them by eating the cost yourself...
Old 05-15-09, 08:19 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsChris
well guys, worst case scenario has happened, i tried calling RB but no one was picking up the phone.
what time did you call them?
I was there yesterday
Old 05-15-09, 10:26 AM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JoelGs
Did you attempt to take this issue with RB Motoring after that?...May be you should go back to the shop and confront them with the issue and had them reimburst you for all the trouble that you've gone thru..So, this way they can fix their F**** up...
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, bro! But I agree with JoelGs as it couldn't and wouldn't hurt to just go there and try. If they give you the run-around, at least you went there and tried. Call me up if there's anything I can do to ease the pain. How about a L-Sportline roof spoiler?
Old 05-15-09, 10:34 AM
vanson350
Driver

Default Bad news

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I looked at wheels on their site too. I'm glad I never bought from them.

Quick Reply: RBWHEELS.com =Avoid Buying from them