Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Teaser: New D2FORGED VS5 in 20" with 'BBC' finish

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-08, 10:29 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Teaser: New D2FORGED VS5 in 20" with 'BBC' finish

Thought I'd share a couple of photos of these killer D2FORGED wheels my brother (Link 13) just had built for his '94 GS300...
These are three-piece forged wheels; high-end, exotic, and best of all, lightweight.

These are the front wheels, 20x9.5; the rears are 20x11.0 and we mounted Toyo's great Proxes 4 on them, 255/30-20 front and 295/25-20 rear.

We'll be doing a full reveal on this car in the first-gen GS forum soon, as it is nearly complete - new kit, Indigo Ink Pearl paint, two-tone leather, audio, suspension, wheels & tires, etc. The car looked nice enough before, but it has been completely transformed. It's great to see the first-gen GS get some love... this car now looks fantastic in person.
And, like I've always said, wheels make or break the car!

My brother chose D2Forged's unique "BBC" finish (Brilliant Brushed w/ Clear Coat) which has brushed spokes and polished 'windows.' The outer rims are chrome, and we had the inner rims powder coated charcoal metallic to complete the look (It's all about attention to detail, right?). The center caps are machined billet aluminum, brushed and clear coated to match.

I wanted to note that these come STANDARD with hub-centric fitment, and the offsets were optimized for this wheel/tire package. The D2 staff is extremely knowledgeable and are just great to work with, and the wheels were finished in about three weeks- very respectable for a custom wheel.

Would love to see these on more Lexus cars (they have seven styles to choose from), just an awesome wheel and a long-time supporter of the Lexus community! For the record, my 2GS is getting a set very soon...
Best of luck on your new endeavor, guys!

Now... the teaser pics. Enjoy!

Just one more... for now:
Old 12-30-08, 07:15 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Very very nice, can't wait to see pics of the whole car
Old 12-30-08, 07:19 AM
RI-Lex
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those wheels look sweet, I want more pics
Old 12-30-08, 07:39 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, Matt's car is really looking like its going to be a major eye pleaser. The paint, kit, wheels all looks flawless from what I can see. Thank You for the kind words, now we need to hurry up and get your wheels to you, lol.

Congrats again Matt, please give us a little more of a teaser, just a little above the knee
Old 12-30-08, 09:38 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks, Stefan. I am really happy with how everything came out and the VS5s are beautiful wheels! I just hope the Tanabes settle more to close the fender gap. If not, I'll go with a taller tire.
Old 12-30-08, 11:21 AM
gizmo7718
Driver School Candidate

just beautiful...
Old 12-30-08, 01:16 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Thought I'd share a couple of photos of these killer D2FORGED wheels my brother (Link 13) just had built for his '94 GS300...
These are three-piece forged wheels; high-end, exotic, and best of all, lightweight.

These are the front wheels, 20x9.5; the rears are 20x11.0 and we mounted Toyo's great Proxes 4 on them, 255/30-20 front and 295/25-20 rear.

We'll be doing a full reveal on this car in the first-gen GS forum soon, as it is nearly complete - new kit, Indigo Ink Pearl paint, two-tone leather, audio, suspension, wheels & tires, etc. The car looked nice enough before, but it has been completely transformed. It's great to see the first-gen GS get some love... this car now looks fantastic in person.
And, like I've always said, wheels make or break the car!

My brother chose D2Forged's unique "BBC" finish (Brilliant Brushed w/ Clear Coat) which has brushed spokes and polished 'windows.' The outer rims are chrome, and we had the inner rims powder coated charcoal metallic to complete the look (It's all about attention to detail, right?). The center caps are machined billet aluminum, brushed and clear coated to match.

I wanted to note that these come STANDARD with hub-centric fitment, and the offsets were optimized for this wheel/tire package. The D2 staff is extremely knowledgeable and are just great to work with, and the wheels were finished in about three weeks- very respectable for a custom wheel.

Would love to see these on more Lexus cars (they have seven styles to choose from), just an awesome wheel and a long-time supporter of the Lexus community! For the record, my 2GS is getting a set very soon...
Best of luck on your new endeavor, guys!

Now... the teaser pics. Enjoy!

Just one more... for now:
Wow, is all I could say? That teaser pic is all of that and then some? D2 doing big thangs I see?
Old 12-30-08, 03:57 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Looking forward to seeing the full reveal, wheels look immaculate! for D2!!
Old 12-31-08, 06:49 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow those are some nice wheels. I might have to get some D2 wheels for my new ride. Nice

-Smitty
Old 12-31-08, 06:55 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Look'n good Matt. Like other's have said, I too am anxiously awaiting the full reveal.
Old 12-31-08, 11:26 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice, Matt. Looking foward to the full release.

So Bob, when is your teaser coming?
Old 01-01-09, 08:42 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Very nice, Matt. Looking foward to the full release.

So Bob, when is your teaser coming?
I can't wait to see Bob's wheels mounted either! You know he always has a 'trick' up his sleeve!!
Old 01-01-09, 10:29 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I can't wait to see Bob's wheels mounted either! You know he always has a 'trick' up his sleeve!!
I talked to Bob a bit at the last meet about his plans. I am sure they will turn out great.
Old 01-02-09, 03:17 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New D2's!

Originally Posted by Neo
I talked to Bob a bit at the last meet about his plans. I am sure they will turn out great.
Neo, I'm hoping they look great as well, so I can buy his old Zones! Can you imagine the combination of these two wheel gurus putting their heads together for a wheel design? Don't keep us waiting too long, Bob! Lol!
Old 01-05-09, 04:31 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

More Pics, More Pics, More Pics, lol come on Bob/ Matt I know the wheels are on by now. At least a rear shot.

Quick Reply: Teaser: New D2FORGED VS5 in 20" with 'BBC' finish