Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Taken for a ride in my new IS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-08, 04:19 PM
bkeating
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Taken for a ride in my new IS 350?

I just picked up my 2008 Matador Red IS 350 on 7/24. I couple of days before delivery, I called and asked for the car to be fitted with the G-Spiders instead of the stock. The Spiders are an official Accessory to the IS.

I expected to get the G-Spiders instead of the stock, for a premium. Instead I got both. They put the Spiders on, but carried out the stock wheels in their four boxes and put them in the back seat.

Did I get taken for a ride or is this normal procedure when you order accessory wheels?
Old 08-06-08, 04:59 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you probably paid for 2 sets of rims instead of just 1 set of g spiders I think. Oh well... just sell your standard stocks on here and get some money back.
Old 08-08-08, 11:07 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bkeating
Did I get taken for a ride or is this normal procedure when you order accessory wheels?
You didn't get taken at all. If they hadn't given you the stock wheels, then I'd have said you got taken.
Old 08-15-08, 04:27 PM
bkeating
Driver School Candidate

To answer my own question, the service manager at Lexus Massapequa contacted me today and the gist was that when an accessory wheel is purchased for a new vehicle, it is customary to issue a credit for the stock wheels.

The reason given for this not being done in my case was that the parts department was not willing to give the credit. I guess the real reason was that the finance manager just didn't know what he was doing when I contacted him about the new wheels just a couple of days before delivery.

The service manager had no problem having the parts department agree to issue me a credit. A credit for exactly what I'm not sure. Probably for other parts. Anyway, I'm certain I'll end up applying it to something during the course of ownership.

This Matador red mica is such an incredible color. It sparkles in the sunshine. Attracts tons of attention. I don't understand why so many prefer drab greys and blacks.
Old 08-17-08, 05:23 PM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

black on black ftw
Old 08-23-08, 06:51 AM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bkeating
To answer my own question, the service manager at Lexus Massapequa contacted me today and the gist was that when an accessory wheel is purchased for a new vehicle, it is customary to issue a credit for the stock wheels.

The reason given for this not being done in my case was that the parts department was not willing to give the credit. I guess the real reason was that the finance manager just didn't know what he was doing when I contacted him about the new wheels just a couple of days before delivery.

The service manager had no problem having the parts department agree to issue me a credit. A credit for exactly what I'm not sure. Probably for other parts. Anyway, I'm certain I'll end up applying it to something during the course of ownership.

This Matador red mica is such an incredible color. It sparkles in the sunshine. Attracts tons of attention. I don't understand why so many prefer drab greys and blacks.
couldnt agree more on the matador red! it looks best when the sun is just going down....
Old 08-23-08, 07:27 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you got the credit and the wheels? That sounds like a good deal to me, maybe put some winter tires on the stocks or ebay them or something.