Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Hi-polished or chrome lip?

Old 08-03-08, 01:09 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hi-polished or chrome lip?

I think I'm going to get a hi-polished lip. Are there any downsides or benefits of it? I heard it's hard to clean? And should I opt for the chrome upgrade? Or will that be likely to peel? Thanks!
Old 08-03-08, 02:44 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mesca
I think I'm going to get a hi-polished lip. Are there any downsides or benefits of it? I heard it's hard to clean? And should I opt for the chrome upgrade? Or will that be likely to peel? Thanks!
Polished lips need more maintenance..You'll need to repolish by hand every week or 2 to keep it shiny, otherwise it will dull out....I polish using NXT metal polish, great product, lips look like new..On the other hand, if you ever damage polish wheels, it is generally easy to repair....Just re-sand damage area and repolish!

Chrome wheels are the easiest to keep clean and shiny...Just wash, rinse, and your ready to go...But if you ever curb them, they will need to be rechromed...

Last edited by One HoT; 08-03-08 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-03-08, 06:45 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT
Polished lips need more maintenance..You'll need to repolish by hand every week or 2 to keep it shiny, otherwise it will dull out....I polish using NXT metal polish, great product, lips look like new..On the other hand, if you ever damage polish wheels, it is generally easy to repair....Just re-sand damage area and repolish!

Chrome wheels are the easiest to keep clean and shiny...Just wash, rinse, and your ready to go...But if you ever curb them, they will need to be rechromed...

Yeah.......what he said! lol