Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

People that baby their rims in SE GA

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-08, 08:06 AM
2JZSoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question People that baby their rims in SE GA

For those of you that live in the southeast Georgia area, and have somewhat expensive rims or really picky about your rims, where would/do you take your rims and tires for mount and balance. Just curious.
Old 07-09-08, 10:05 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Post that same question over here:
http://www.seloc.net
Old 07-09-08, 10:53 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Guys, I was in the same boat as you are in now.....wondering who would mount tires on my 19s without damaging them only to say, 'sorry'.

There's sooooo many horrow stories about people's new wheels being damaged during mounting etc. That I was panicking allot wondering if I would/could ever get this some unscathed.

Well, I watched the guy who began to remove the old tires to mount the new ones and at first I thought to myself, that piece of equipment seemed pretty OLD to smoothly mount 19s. Then I watched as he man-handled the wheel & tire with the precision of Uma Thurman with a Hattori Hanzo sword.

So I personally believes it comes down to the actual tech. who's mounting the tires! Gotta ask questions like, can you mount 19s, do you mount 19s, how do you do it without scratching and damaging the wheels? And listen to his replies carefully to see if you 'feel' his confidence in his replies.

BTW, mine were mounted at a Infiniti dealership. Go figure. lol

It worked for me! Good luck.
Old 07-09-08, 01:03 PM
2JZSoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KayGee
Post that same question over here:
http://www.seloc.net
thanks...hmm...I was hoping I can get my answer here. I have enough forums to check in the morning as it is..hehe
I don't want to start a new account over there and first post to be a question like such and get flame... You're from GA, where do you get your tires mount without worrying how much scratches will be added to your rim..

thanks guys. And I kind of figure there's not much traffic flow in this section of the forum.
Old 07-09-08, 01:50 PM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2JZSoarer
thanks...hmm...I was hoping I can get my answer here. I have enough forums to check in the morning as it is..hehe
I don't want to start a new account over there and first post to be a question like such and get flame... You're from GA, where do you get your tires mount without worrying how much scratches will be added to your rim..

thanks guys. And I kind of figure there's not much traffic flow in this section of the forum.
No flaming allowed in SELOC. Since you were specifically asking about Georgia, I thought that you may get more response from local folks. It isn't as active as this forum but we do get together often and they are all a great group of people to know. I personally have been going to Butler Tire for the last 8 years and wouldn't trust anyone else to touch my wheels even though they are only OEM.

http://butlertire.com/

Here is a string that addresses your question:
http://www.seloc.net/modules.php?nam...ewtopic&t=5437

Last edited by KayGee; 07-09-08 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-09-08, 03:28 PM
2JZSoarer
Pole Position

thanks for searching for me KayGee... I'll look into Butler more, but one thing that keeps me from going is, all their locations are 3hours plus away form me. I knew there have to be a few in ATL area; so I specifically throw in the SE part in GA. But thanks for your effort regardless. I go to ATL maybe 2-3 times a year. But I never take my car up there b/c of the places I go isn't my-car-friendly thanks anyway KayGee.