Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Attn: Manaray

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-02, 07:07 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn: Manaray

Hey, I'm new to this club and was just wonder how you know so much about wheels? I've read so many posts here and you have all the info about every wheel. Plus you have pics. That's awesome! Do you work for a wheel company or something?
Old 02-08-02, 08:49 PM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

Yes, I am also curious of your vast knowledge of EVERY rim known
Old 02-10-02, 06:42 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hehehe...I don't have all the info on every wheel, I can assure you...there are just too many wheels out there...I don't work for a wheel company (yet)...also, I'm the type of person that really likes to LEARN about their hobby(ies)...when I get into things, I really like to get into it...I don't like to half-áss things...

With various industry contacts and involvement and having been into the whole "car" thing for LONG time now and I've just "collected" information over the years...Oh yeah, I also have a few friends who own "performance" shops and who do actually work in the industry so I always pick their brains for info...

This is probably why I'm so "outspoken" about wheels and aesthetics in general...some people take it as me just being a d*ckhead or some sort of "elitist" but after being in the industry for so long, you learn what's good and what's just a waste of time and money....I'm just trying to keep people from learning the hard way and making mistakes...but hey, some people like to learn the hard way...

In terms of "aesthetics", being a graphic designer for many many years and having many many years of study in various art forms (from classic art and architechture to "pop culture" fashion and interior design), I have developed and refined my "taste" for many things in life...(which is why I don't don't drive a ricer Civic "Type R" or own a Tag Heuer or a Ruger Semi-Auto pistol... )
Old 02-10-02, 04:34 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Well it is truely nice to have you as part of the club. I'm sure members who are interested in buying wheels can use your knowledge to help them out. You're like a wheel dictonary.
Old 02-10-02, 11:40 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks! That's what I'm here for, to help people out...hopefully, I'm doing my part to prevent the whole Lexus aftermarket crowd from becoming the "next step" for the ricer crowd...

SOME people don't understand that when one person "fixes up" their Lexus all ricer style, it makes it look bad for ALL Lexus owners that "fix up" their cars. Even if their Lexus is done "right"...the Acura market is a classic example of that...ricer Integras have made that ENTIRE BRAND look bad IMO...

I think people who own Lexus cars should have MORE TASTE and INTEGRITY than the ricer Honda crowd...doing REAL mods, not spending all their time/energy/money on stupid crap...
Old 02-11-02, 03:18 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by manaray
....I'm just trying to keep people from learning the hard way and making mistakes...but hey, some people like to learn the hard way...
well said...

what's even worse is, some people are making mistakes and DON'T KNOW IT!

ancient Chinese saying: the difference between **** and fake crap stuff users is, **** are just ****, and fake crap stuff users are **** but just don't know it!
Old 02-11-02, 08:20 AM
lex430
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

ancient Chinese saying: the difference between **** and fake crap stuff users is, **** are just ****, and fake crap stuff users are **** but just don't know it!
lol.., is that Confucious or Mao?
Old 02-11-02, 02:19 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by lex430

lol.., is that Confucious or Mao?
Master Tang
Old 02-12-02, 02:28 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hehehe...globe, you crack me up!

There are already a few members here that have "learned" the hard way and are now on the road (no pun intended) to recovery...