Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Giovanna Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-02, 06:18 PM
genius1512
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovanna Wheels

Quick one for the wheel experts, are Giovanna wheels really that bad?
Old 02-04-02, 08:16 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not a wheel expert, but yeah they're that bad

j/k, for people who likes to get Bling-bling wheels, they might be the 2nd best thing after the Davin spinning wheels, but to me they're not my glass of thai-tea.

If I'm gonna spend money on something, I'll make sure it's actually worth that much. It's different between spending 1k per wheel on Giovannas and 1k per wheel on HREs. For some, looks is all that counts.

If I would pay high-prices for something that's not worth that much I would be driving a CLK now (in reality it's really just a C-class coupe)
Old 02-04-02, 10:36 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first set of wheels where zenetti.. on my 2000 camry
they look so cheap i sold the car and got a gs400

2nd set of wheels.. giovanna
to be honest i had no idea about knock offs till i found clublexus.

like 3/4 of the people out there have no clue what they are buying
they see chrome and go whooaaa..

now a days i wouldnt be caught dead with either of those wheels on my car but some people love them

hell someone must be buying them.. they got ads plastered in all car mags

no idea what this is about lol

thanks
Old 02-05-02, 03:46 AM
genius1512
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because I got mine at whosale from an account my friend who is a car dealer has with a wheel shop. I got the G-racing MITO in chrome with nitto NT-555 tires in 18". They were the first set of rims I have ever bought and I got them when money was a little tighter because I was only 17 at the time. But I was thinking next of some Lowenhart's because I could get them so cheap.
Old 02-05-02, 10:25 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Giovanna wheels are not HORRIBLY made but they're definitely NOT the best quality wheel and their prices are very inflated for what you get. While they won't blow up on you, for the same price, you can get wheels that are made much better.

One except is the 5-spoke ACARI Racing wheel that Giovanna is selling under their own label. That's a 1-piece forged wheel made by APP...excellent quality...however, I would just buy the ACARI labeled one rather than the Giovanna labeled one (and it'll probably cost less w/o Giovanna overhead attached)

Also, like Globe said, they're not my style for the most part (not into the whole wannabe-rapper-pimpin-big-daddy-baller thing). Personally, I would rather put a better wheel on my car for the same money. If you're gonna spend $4K on Giovannas, I think it would better to spend $4K on some HRE's, Works, Rays/Volks, SSR, etc....

Now if all you care about is maximum bling-bling ugliness, then you might want to look into some Lexani's or Alba's...

Now G-Racing line is just pure knock-off cr*p...I'd rather run stock 16" wheels whatn anything by G-Racing...